Sign in to follow this  
double-6s

dodgy electrics

morning.

started my car this morning then went inside to get some warm water to de-ice the windscreen. everything ok.

then got in to drive off and no interior fan, no wipers, no rear screen heater, but engine fine etc. fan was working before water on windscreen as i put it on to warm up the interior.

have i got water in something at the back of the engine bay when i poured it down the windscreen???

i'm no mechanic, so forgive my dumbness....... is the 'thing' in the scuttle on the passenger side the ecu? i noticed the end cap / cover isn't fixed right and the interior wiring is exposed. would this getting wet have any effect on electrics such as fan, screen heater, wipers etc. or is it something else that i've soaked?

ta very much for your help as usual guys.

Dunno about the electrics mate but I wouldn't put warm water on my windscreen in the morning. Watched a lady in my street put warm (not even hot) water on her windscreen the other day, just as I opened my mouth to say something her windscreen cracked.. :|

It does sound like you've got some electrics wet though, may have shorted them out ?

triggermyson, don't worry, when i say warm i mean just not freezing. but point taken - that would be a right old pain in the creck. does the ecu have anything at all to do with those electrics, or are they just on a 'loop' from the battery??? is the ecu entirely engine-related?