Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

Electrical fault with passener rear side light, (UPDATE)

my passenger side light has stop working, the bulb is fine, i replaced it, then checked it worked in the other side and it's fine, i have no reason to think it's the fuse as the drivers light works.

Is there a fault that it could be in the actual unit that holds the bulbs or would it be something with wiring?

Please help!

Neil

yeah but not sure where to start, i've cleaned the connectors that touch the bulb, and took the connector with the 4 wires in it off and it 'looks' ok, where else should i be checking?

if you have an uprated headlight loom check that none of the spade connectors have come loose

this often happens to me, and i find its one of the 2 fuses on the uprated loom that have gone...not much help if you've you haven't got one though

this often happens to me, and i find its one of the 2 fuses on the uprated loom that have gone...not much help if you've you haven't got one though

It's his rear light dude...

ive brought a light unit off someone off here so will have to see if that helps, i takeit the mk1 and mk2 rear lights are the same?

Yep no difference - have you got the internal bulb holders with the new light too as this will be the part that could have the fault :?

Good luck :D

yeah thats the unit i have got, not sure if i am getting the lense too but the main bit i need os the bulb holder bit.

Update!

I've found out its an electric fault, i've tried a new unit and still doesnt work. could it be a fuse baring in mind my other light works, or where should i look for other possible causes?

Neil