Sign in to follow this  
potatonet

SLK32 AMG supercharger INSTALLED PICS!!!!!!!! last page!!!!!

yeah I know what you mean, I think they are diodes or resistors or something cant remember what exactly (god and I have an engineering masters degree :-) )

anyhow yeah on pin 2 which is vout I think it did seem to be on the same path as the component, you cant really go wrong if you clean the old solder joints and then just solder back.

hey sam when you soldered your ECU back together did you notice a funny little khaki colored electrical component? if you know what I am taking about there were a few of them all around the board but I was wondering if you knew if it actually connected with pin #2? I cant remember..

yeah its all good, we dont understand either hahaha,

so anyone think that a 25"x10"x2.5" intercooler is too small? I think it will work for the application..... or at least Im hoping.

yeah its all good, we dont understand either hahaha,

so anyone think that a 25"x10"x2.5" intercooler is too small? I think it will work for the application..... or at least Im hoping.

with the correct end caps this should work well although 63mm is quite a squeeze infront of the rad on one end. Only really relavent is you are trying to retain the OEM look though i guess.

Have you also spoken to John about T-bodies as i think you will need to ditch the g60 item also if your unit flows anythng like the one we have here.

how do you mean about the throttle body, I thought it was 60 mm or something close to that, O.D. of course, I could port it which wouldnt be that bad... but yes i could get something better for flow there. all Im really worried about on the TB is if the outlet, normally for the boost return can handle the 25 psi, I did some math and it should come out of there at about 60-70mph, which is really fast....

yes I know flow is better and all but currently I am just working on getting the thing finished, and yes I did notice that the 63mm is really hard to get on on the side with the charger, Im removing the AC so I can go under there, I dont use the AC as it is so why keep it there...

and if anyone has opinions, black piping or chrome piping? I am not picky and I just dont know which one to choose.

speaking of which darren, love the new site.

just bought intercooler and piping today. 320 dollars for total. should recieve it next monday... give me some time to get the thing welded in.

good work mate - but are you sure that the charger will be held totally square ? i would hate to see the roters lock due to movement matey

yes the pieces i got cut are square to 1/10000th of an inch. the welds will be perfectly square and I have a few support pieces to weld onto the inside of the bracket, I am also looking at making something to hold onto that little top piece with a bold on it, it will bolt to something further back and down I think, preventing forward motion, the thing is rock solid in place and I engineered it to withstand 100m/s^2 forward acceleration and still stay in one place. Im only slightly worried about the left side. because the only support there is the small rod bracket on bottom which is bolted in place then welded to the charger plate. I do need something to prevent lateral motion, its got side supports and weight supports, its just holding them from digging into the radiator thats the problem.

wow its been 2.5 months and I just got one piece, amazing....

waiting on custom fuel rail now....

its good for the charger though, as it sits in the engine bay its going through all its normal stresses! nice to see that nothing has broken yet, I did use 2-1/2" aluminum plates to bolt the thing to.

charger isnt being run though, I have the clutch on it turned off, only goes on when my boss or my friends wants to hear the thing, not too loud amazingly.

bcstudent, Im completing this damn thing for you!!!

ok so I decided to cut everything else up and make pretty pictures for you people.

DSC00486.jpg

DSC00487.jpg

DSC00488.jpg

DSC00489.jpg

DSC00490.jpg

DSC00491.jpg

DSC00492.jpg

bracket and charger, been like that for a while just never took a picture.

small SS plate attaches to supercharger on pulley side and mounts to the bolt for the tensioner and alternator (plate goes over pulley on alternator (barely)). there is also a piece missing from that bracket that holds the backside of the charger on.

gonna do the fuel once I move, got all the parts just need to get it done.

car is set up for 16 psi right now, gonna run that for a little while.

oh and that big 3 way valve is so I can shut off all boost and have it blow on the engine if I want to run on the freeway (long distances).

rarak69, they are a pain in the rear to find, I have a store that sold me mine holding the next one he gets for me =-).

I think that guy is the only one on there that sells them, dunno saw one from an SL55 AMG a while back would have sold for 500 dollars but I was lazy and I didnt want it, it was like 2.2L per revolution, it was massive.

if I can figure a way to mount it I would use it but I think the fan would get in the way.

rarak69, they are a pain in the rear to find, I have a store that sold me mine holding the next one he gets for me =-).

I think that guy is the only one on there that sells them, dunno saw one from an SL55 AMG a while back would have sold for 500 dollars but I was lazy and I didnt want it, it was like 2.2L per revolution, it was massive.

if I can figure a way to mount it I would use it but I think the fan would get in the way.

yea man you are pretty strapped for space as it is. looking good though. ill keep my eye out for one of these, hoping to come accross someone who doesnt realize is a twinscrew and thinks its eaton.

tight is an understatement, this is why it took 9 months to get right!

all I can say is engineering classes paid off during this whole thing, oh and you are looking at about 260 @ wheels with a stock flywheel so about 320 at the crank, on a stocker.

yes I will need headgaskets monthly if I crank the boost up.

nice work

i like the way you seem to still ahve the clutch on the pulley to let it freewheel when you want no boost!