Sign in to follow this  
akacheesy

Door Rattles

When I close my doors, they don't sound like a German car. They rattle, and are loose. Does anyone know how I tighten up the locks? I am sure this is not a window winder rattle which I believe is a common problem.

Any advice would be appreciated

Chris

you have to adjust the pin that locates into teh lock by uscrewing the pin and moving it in more towards the door pillar as there is a fair bit of adjustment.

Dont move it in too far and make sure the pin - the part that has the plastic clip around to make the door sound quieter when you shut the door, this is the bit I mean that needs adjusting. I think its 13 mm or bigger and you dont need to wond it all the way out, just enought where it is easy to move to re position so that when the door gets closed it pulls tight against the door frame and it will stop the rattle. My passenger door did it and it bugged the hell out of me and the car looks better as the lines are straight when you look out the passenger wind mirror. What happens is the oin gets loose with time, opening and shutting etc so nip it up tight when you have got it in position.

If the window rubbers are loose then you need new ones, they are around 30 plus pounds and make the window sit in tighter against the door card. That will help ya mate :lol:

hmm, think I tried that but couldn't actually get the bloody thing to unscrew. I don't see how you can reposition it though? I also don't have the plastic thingy does that make a big difference?

You need a 15mm ring spanner to adjust the striker pin. Slacken it off and you have approx 8mm adjustment in all directions. If you push the pin toward the interior too much, the door will need a firm shove to close until the door seals compress over time to the new position.

Yes the plastic sleeve does make a difference.

Kev