Sign in to follow this  
DANG60

Redrilling discs

Just been looking on the demon vw website and there is a guy on there who had vr6 discs cnc drilled to four stud so that they would fit his mk2 golf. I was wondering if this is a good idea. im after a cheap brake upgrade and i already have a set of 288 vr6 callipers and was thinking about getting some 312mm discs and carriers. If this is worth while how much do ya think it would cost to have the discs done?

I don't see why it'd be a problem. There was a site in the states that sold off the shelf 4 stud 288s. I can't remember who though.

Can you not get 4 stud 312s off a Seat of some kind?

Gavin

Im not a 100% sure but i think fords are either 4*108 or 4*112 pcd. I know that theyre not the same as vw/vauxhaull fitment. the only thing that worries me is paying for a set of 312mm discs getting them done and finding out it wont work. Brembos are too far out of reach for me at the moment. I previously had black diamond stuff up front and it was never right from the start. Kept getting very hot. also changed fluid and checked for callipers sticking but could only put it down to the discs and pads.

weren't the seat leon oops....ibiza - brembo and disc setups about £450??? If i had 4 stud, i wouldn't hesitate and go for them, shirly..........

Yeah ure right they were, but when people stared snapping these kits up the dealers cottoned on to what was happening and bumped the price up. I think just the callipers are about 240 quid each now or thereabouts.