Sign in to follow this  
mariovr6

missfire

ok guys got my water pump fixed!!!!!!!

only other problem.....(besides needing a new winscreen, the bald tyre, the dent over my bonnet and the golf ball in my door)

when im driving it jerks back like all the electrics cut out, its hash and i cant put my foot down incase it happens and da guy behind me goes straight into me, its like stalling while moveing and then jumping back on and ur foot is on the gas.......... thought it cold be the coilpack but its been dry last 2 days..........

is it the coilpack?

any ideas? its a 94 vr6 by the way

im not ssure cos it happens so fast, say im at 3000 revs push the gas a lil harder then its like click revs vanish big jerk kickback then revs up again!! its random but one day it kept doing it at about 4000 rpm, obviously when that happens naturely ill ease off the gas.........

i think it is something electric and not the engine........ maybe a misfire in the plug? coilpack?

a couple of times when it was cold and i turned the keys to start it id hear a strange electric noise coming from the keys abs light area!!!!! maybe that connected to it? but it hasnt done that lately

Hi mariovr6,

Oh dear, you can read my thread, my problems sound similar to yours.

Ka's Corrado

At the moment, my car's behaving, but then again, as pointed in the thread, it could work fine for months before having a misfit, so I am not guaranteeing that the new/old ECU will fix it. The next thing I am going to do, is thorough check of electricals/ECU loom.

Also, if you have a later model car, I've seen some threads about the transponder in the steering column sliding and causing similar problems. As mine started with a replacement ECU, I won't have a transponder in mine.

So really, VAG-COM yours as soon as you can to see whether there are any faults.

Cheers,

Rica

ermm well im not sure really

ok you know like vr6's can cut out at the lights when the clutch is down

well imagin that but while u got ur foot on the gas then it like jump starts up again..........

so as im movong i hit the gas more then big harsh shunt like hitting a wall revs vanish then it drives again..........

not sure if the electrics cut out or the fuel cuts off or what?

only thing that comes close is 2 years ago one of the leads was loose n gave the same kinda kick back when pushed

mariovr6,

You can attach your car to a VAG-COM at any garage that service cars from the VAG stable.

There's also a thread ->Here

of all the people who have them and are kind enough to let you test yours. Good luck!

is there anyone with vag-com in north london???

also just how much does it cost? is it a lead plus software? i have a laptop i assume id need one right?

Sounds a lot like the ECU loses power momentarily. Could be the ECU relay, could be the ignition switch (do the LEDs come on on the dashboard?? do the speedo/rev needles suddenly drop?), could be the lovely crank position sensor.

If it was the immobiliser coil it would just stop and stay off, it wouldn't restart.

yes the revs just drop.. no leds seem to come on.........

where is the crank sensor? 6 months ago after i changed the thrmo housing it first happend then it was ok til now.............while doing the thermo housing i did have trouble getting the coilpack off due to rounded allen key bolts so the colilpack n bolts took abit of a banging.....also the blue plug on the thermo housing looked warn out..... only other thing i can think of is when i put new fuel in sometimes it does that cutting out at lights but once i pull out the maf plug its all ok however 6 months back i did that and it didnt cut out!!!!!!!!! but it was ok for the last 6 months........

not to confuse the cutting out with new fuel at lights and the cutting out and turning back on while moving as it does now!!!!!!!!!

Man your questions are hard to read...! Get some capital letters and some paragraphs! ;)

My only experience of stuff like this was caused by a faulty signal to the ECU from the crank position sensor. (Though my sensor was fine, and it was caused by the Dastek chip.)

You can diagnose this, but only if it happens like you say: you get a sudden loss of power, followed by the power coming back as if nothing happened .. If you can then get the car on VAGCOM *before* turning the ignition off (this is important), then you will find out for sure whether there's a crank sensor fault reported. If there's no errors, chances are it's the ignition switch or the ECU relay or something electric like that.

thanks DR mat!!!!!!!!!!

OK LETS TRY AND MAKE THIS ONE CLEARER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL

About a hour ago when after a long drive i was at the lights and it cut out dead and the leds did come on

once i Restarted it as i pulled off it did that sudden off then back on JERK!

the oil TeMP was at 102 and the WATER was about 100........

When this does happen you get a crackle noise from the key area!!!!

SO WOULD I NEED THE CAR ON AND DRIVING AND IF IT HAPPENS ONLY THEN WOULD THE VAG-COM DETECT IT?

OR WOULD IT DETECT IT ANY TIME AS LONG AS I TURN IT ON?

HOW MUCH IS THE CRANK SENSOR?

Any crank sensor fault (apart from "open circuit") will be erased by the ECU the instant that the engine stops rotating. It's a known bug on the early motronic ECUs. THAT is why I say you need to check it before you turn the ignition off.

Oh, and the sensor is a doddle to replace, it's just that they're so expensive you don't do it for fun ..!

thanks for that........

there might be 2 different prolems but for sure there is something wrong with the key area ..........

When i turn the key i hear a crackle and a buzz noise kinda loads ....THINK its coming from the abs light or the headlight switch.............

am i supposed to have a 53 block fuse at the top of the relay on its own? is it a spare? i have 3 in total