Sign in to follow this  
Critical_Mass

mk2 intercooler

Hi.

Is it the intercooler or oil cooler (or are they the same thing) which is behind the front bumper pass side behind fog and indicator??

ive had a bump and i need a new one. Seen a corrado G60 one on ebay going cheap and ive bid on that. But can i replace it with a MK2 Golf one as ive heard this is the best thing to do isnt it?

If you have a standard G60 then it's your intercooler behind the front bumper on the passenger side. If you don't get the one on Ebay, let me know as I have my old one spare (I've upgraded to a Golf one).

Upgrading to a Golf one is a great modification to do, however it will cost you a lot more than a replacement original G60 one. If you're interested talk to g-man at G-Werks and the guys at Pistop Developments as they also do custom made uprated intercoolers.

yeah thats it you see the intercooler on ebay is at a tenner at mo. Had offers for some for £60. Looked on g-werks site, it £135 for the intercooler on there, presumably its a golf mk 2

I think you were looking at oil coolers on G-Werks site for £135. The front mounted intercoolers will be a bit more than that. Golf or Rallye ones typically go for £400 or more, and the custom made ones are about the same. The standard G60 ones go typically for less than £60. As I say, let me know if you get outbid on the ebay one - it'll be a lot less than £60...