Sign in to follow this  
G60 Bob

Using the C to its full potenial...

Will these fit under the arches with Koni TA and H&R combo? Anyone who has these wheels seems to have gone for the 16x7 but there seems to be other G60s out there with 17x8 rims so i was wondering why the peeps with these wheels didnt go larger?

R

Depends on the offset but 17x8 or wider tend to rub alot! I have 17x7.5 and they do rub a bit on the rear so I have my coilovers set to almost as hard as they will go!

I had these on mine (ET35) and found the inner side of the wheel was quite close to the suspension leg. Used 15mm spacers to give me a bit of room and a wider look in the end (et20). Only used to rub with two big people in the back when going over bumps.

Probably be putting mine up for sale soon

Would the handling be adversely affected because i want the best compromise between looks and performance through the twisties (its one of the best things about a C after all!)

I'd really love the phat 17x8s but it definately wouldnt be worth not being able to use my baby to the full potential after shelling out on all new suspension inc. arms, wishbones, tie rods, bushes, shocks, springs etc (especially seeing that its still with my mate who is doing the work).

What do you guys think?

A newbie here. I have been out of the rado scene for a few years and have decided to resurrect my rado. It's a gti engineering re2000 one. The question i have is does 17" rims vastly affect the handling. My car already has updrated poly bushes all around , kyb uprated shocks and currently apex springs ( will change to H&R ). When i first owned the car most mags and forums stated that anything bigger than 16" rims would currupt the handling. Searching through the posts , i could not find a definite answer to if this is still the case. Also seeing as many owners have 17" rims with 205/40/17 tyres. Has things changed that much in the last few years? This car will be daily drive.