vr6storm

quick-guide to storms

Yep, that's the picture I was talking about.

Just to correct the statement RW1 makes... that badges were ordered by the dealer when the car was ordered and fitted upton arrival to the dealership / collection of the customer.

I've spoken to several sales staff that remembered doing exactly that ;-)

If 3M made them then would it be possible to re-order them?

Ive mate who works in their Bracknell office, Ill bend his ear about getting some replacments for those storm owners who have sleepless nights about theiving scum nicking them.

Ill bend his ear about getting some replacments for those storm owners who have sleepless nights about theiving scum nicking them.

ZippyVR6, Trimsport are currently selling replacements...

Just out of interest...

Does anyone have a collection of old Corrado pics? Stuff similar to the one i asked about?

Cheers!

Does anyone happen to know how many Storms are left and how many Autos have been converted to manuals?

I purchased my Mystic Storm Auto 2 wks ago in totally standard trim and was wondering how many of my cars are left? feel a bit guilty mind you as I've done 900 miles in 2 weeks and can't stop driving it .

Matt

perhaps we should start some kind of register?? i miss mine, think perhaps i should get it out to play again for a bit :-)

ccgb could be nice and give you the number of active memberships they have for storms, its a starting point.

perhaps we should start some kind of register?

Wouldn't bother. It's not like they're rare...

:lol: Only kidding. Be a good idea to get an idea of numbers left on the road though.

yeah, just be nice to know i suppose?

It seems mad how many corrado's are appearing for spares / repair these days....either there are gonna be alot of people with projects, or their numbers are starting to dwindle....

Has any1 seen the storm bade on ebay for £50.00??? thats mad, even worse though is the gear gaitor for £125.00 buy it now?? i think thats insane!!!

Unfortunately there will be one fewer storm auto from tomorrow when I call my insurance company to accept their offer. I hate to do it as my car was in such great totally original condition but I can't afford to refuse their offer so won't be getting her back on the road.

I see a sleepless night coming tonight as I loved her :(

Matt

thats not good mate, there were only 10 of each colour anyway....shame to see another one go..... :-(

perhaps we should start some kind of register?? i miss mine, think perhaps i should get it out to play again for a bit :-)

Seeing as though I've just started a pretty huge colour poll, I was also thinking of other fairly interesting threads to start and the Storm register came to mind as well. Fairly easy to keep track off (relatively speaking anyway!) so I figured it might be easier for a Mod to keep track of.

So ... if I started one, what would we want on the register?

Forum Name

Green or Blue

Year/Plate

Mileage

Unique uection of VIN number (only unique thing about them really ;)) .... ?

I don't want it too complicated but I do know there's more stuff that could be added. Is there anything really important that would be needed on an unofficial register?

Seeing as though I've just started a pretty huge colour poll, I was also thinking of other fairly interesting threads to start and the Storm register came to mind as well. Fairly easy to keep track off (relatively speaking anyway!) so I figured it might be easier for a Mod to keep track of.

So ... if I started one, what would we want on the register?

Forum Name

Green or Blue

Year/Plate

Mileage

Unique uection of VIN number (only unique thing about them really ;)) .... ?

I don't want it too complicated but I do know there's more stuff that could be added. Is there anything really important that would be needed on an unofficial register?

Auto or Manual

VW Dealer sold by when new

Auto and manual I would agree with but what are the odds some people don't know/care which Dealer it came from?

I'm just conscious of limiting the info to a) what's really pertinent and b) ensuring everyone can complete all of the fields asked for. Perhaps add the number of owners? I'm not familiar with UK DVLA and log books so no idea what info is available/concrete.

So updated list:

Forum Name

Year / Plate

Mileage

Auto / Manual

Green or Blue

Number of Owners

Current Location

That looks like a very good idea mate.....hope it all comes off.....

I'd be very interested to know what storms are still about.

Afternoon all, as some of you may know my Feb 95 registered C is badged as a Storm. It was first registered to the dealer though so I was hoping (probably to be disappointed) that it was a diplay vehicle. Ive just called VW HQ in MK to ask them, and they said that their database only goes back as far as 2000. Anything registered before it would be better to contact my local dealership, who surprise surprise, were equally unhelpful. I know others have called HQ for confirmation in the not too distant past, so does anyone know a particular department that I can ask to be put through to? as the general enquiries desk obviously cannot be bothered.

Thanks folks!

hi all

just to throw a spanner in the works, my storm is registered as astorm on the log book too.

and totally standard.

love her

chris