Sign in to follow this  
Banana Man

Santa Pod RWYB 5th October

Come on then who's up for a corrado forrum thrash up santa pod then. It's been a while since I ve been up there it's always a good laugh even if you dont run your car up there I ve had a few more bits done to the car since the last visit so I shoukld be seeing some better times than last time.

Dont forget lads santa pod this sunday I'll be chugging my way down to toddington services hopefully to be there by 9am early enough to get to the pod and signed on before it gets too crowded heard that the tin and board rs club are going to be there heheh nice to put a few of them in there places :D

Who's coming by the way????

Ah feck.. I didn't realise it was this weekend. Provided the weather forecast is good, I'll try get a few mates interested in going as I don't actually know the way to the pod!

Its really easy jim junction 14 ( I think off the M!) signposted A509 once your on the A509 it's sign posted all the way with blue signs :D

Ok.. i'll see about goin down then if the weather looks good :)

Its not a question of maps mate.. I always just feel really uncomfortable driving to places I don't really know or am really unfamilar with.

FYI - The RAC have an excellent web based route planner at http://www.rac.co.uk - its what I now use most of the time because its so good :)

Jay look forward to seeing your 4wd 16VG60 kick some butt I now have the solid front mount hehehe sod paying over £100 for a vibra I got mine custom made out of billet alloy andd poly urethane for nowt :D Works a treat

Chriss I'll see you at toddington then I should be arriving there with a few mates at about 9 am goto get there early as they have been turning people away at the last couple of RWYB's coz there's been too many people. Are you gonna run the old VR then chriss or is the 16v gonna get a trip out?

Just like to say I had a good day out.. nice to meet Jason and check out his masterpiece of engineering - shame you never got a chance to run it on the 1/4 mile!

And of course, nice to meet up with Ant and Chris as usual :D :) Ant, your car was sounding even more crazy than usual, and Chris, your car kept up with that Supercharged Golf spectacularly well!! :)

Hi Jim, nice to see you too mate. I more than kept up, Julian and I ended up with a one all draw :D

Yes it was a good day apart from all the hanging about due to oil spills :( only got 3 runs in but very pleased as consistent and much better than last time out

Managed to miss meeting Jason, I would have liked to have seen his masterpiece

Hi All

Nice to meet you Jim and Chris.I did meet you Chris but you probably did`nt realise it was me.I was with Ant and Jim at the time.Good day tho and great to meet a few of you.

Cheers Jason

I had a good day out apart from the 2 1/2 hour wait in the queue for my first run and then the 3/4 hour wait on the other 2 runs bit dissapointed about that I didn't realise it was a street racer sunday all those bl**dy drag cars pushing into the queue was doing my head in. Oh and a pretty shi*y drive home as well as most of you know :( on the bright side once I advanced the ignition timing a bit the car was much better pulled off a 14.7sec quarter reckon it could have done with being advanced just a touch more but just couldn't be bothered to queue up again, just as well really as that mad capri blew his load all over the track which closed it for another half an hour. It was nice meeting up with you guys again next time I hope to have a 13sec car we'll just have to see what happens over the next few months :D.

The vids are being edited at the moment so should have some footage for you to see when I get it off my mate ( word of warning though he's a ford finatic so there will probably be quite alot of fords on the vid)

I forgot to take my camera unfortunately (well, not forgot, but the batteries were kaput), so there isn't the usual bunch that I upload.

Just got the clips that Ants mate took.. though video is about 100x better than a still picture, so they'll be worth waiting for I am sure :)