Sign in to follow this  
ardandy

First Trip To Garage

Well, went in for its first service and check up (owned it a week). This is what needs doing.

HT Leads Replacing

Shock Top Mounts (both front)

Fanbelt

Exhaust to manifold gasket (hopefully its not the manifold thats blowing)

Both Rear Wheel Bearings

Front drivers brake pipe

Front to rear brake pipe

"Other than that" he said, "its in good shape".

£100 from GSF (inc discount) for the parts. Around £200 for labour, this is including the full service (gearbox oil, coolant, usual service stuff)

doesn't sound too bad at all mate.

all just general wear stuff, and nothing major :)

happy with that?

Could have been a lot worse. That means that apart from a little bit of rust at the back (which is next job) I'll have a mechanically mint VR6 with black leather heated interior for a combined total of £3700. Thats including the 4 new tyres and Cat 1 alarm I've just fitted!

doesn't sound too bad at all mate.

all just general wear stuff, and nothing major :)

happy with that?

Could have been a lot worse. That means that apart from a little bit of rust at the back (which is next job) I'll have a mechanically mint VR6 with black leather heated interior for a combined total of £3700. Thats including the 4 new tyres and Cat 1 alarm I've just fitted!

good job mate. a tasty car for a good price. i reckon i'm pretty much level with you - i paid 3k and have spent a few hundred only. fingers crossed! :)

£200 for the labour really isn't bad :-). I wish we had those low low (Asda) prices here in Coventry, where we have to pay at least twice that, and get a bodge-job, too. That's why we're forced to do everything ourselves.

Tempest

Guy's I don't think the price above included those jobs - that was just for the service, those job are going to cost about a grand at garage prices!

If its £200 for a service then there off there heads! It cant be!

damn right ! you dont pay that for a service at the stealers

cai = camera hogger :-)

Cool. I'll go see it at Ben tonight then. Don’t worry, next time I go I'll have ShackTools.com stickers everywhere on my car and person, maybe even a tattoo!

(Sorry for post hijack)

Guy's I don't think the price above included those jobs - that was just for the service, those job are going to cost about a grand at garage prices!

He said £200 to £300 for the labour inc the service, that was airing on the more expensive side. He didn't know which bolts my snap for example when removing/replacing various parts.

I bought all the parts myself. Incuding all service stuff (oil, plugs filters etc from VW) and all these jobs it came to about £190.Going in Thurs morn for all the work!

The service was only £45 (£30 an hour). This isn't VW by the way, but he rebuilds Imprezas in his spare time and is very good with performance cars.

When replacing the rubber brake lines the metal lines and bolts they attach to can snap if you’re unlucky. If anything does snap the job gets a lot more time consuming. Think that’s what he means by the bolts snapping. If you got all that work on the previous page done, then your onto a sorted garage. As long has his works up to standard. ;-) :-)