Sign in to follow this  
BeavisJem

Slowly loosing coolant

Hi guys, wondered if anyone can give me a few pointers.

Basically i changed my water pump after my car decided to dump coolant everywhere a couple of weeks ago. I then had to drive my car home and it got a bit warm, not overheating but the water temp went to about 120.

Since changing the water pump its been loosing coolant very slowly. From the max line on the expantion tank till the water light comes on takes around a week of daily driving.

Can't see any steam coming from the engine bay although i did notice that when i squeezed the top water pipe that water leaked out of the side of the expansion tank :( Is this normal.

Might try changing the expansion cap.

The onl other thing it might be is that i filled up the coolant from the expansion tank only. I was wondering if its just an airlock passing through the system. I have filled it up twice now so i'm worried that the airlock problem would ahve cleared itself by now.

No mayo in the oil and i can;t smell exhaust fumes in the coolant. The car performs as it should.

All on a G60

Grrrr

Any help or ideas

Cheers

Beavisjem

coolant seems to be coming from the right hand side at the rear

does not sound normal, no outlet there. may be worth getting a new tank they can crack.

coolant seems to be coming from the right hand side at the rear

mine had a crack in exaclty the same place,was only noticeable when water was hot as it would fizz and bubble slightly out of it.new tank=no problem.