Sign in to follow this  
20vsam

Help With G60 to 1.8T Engine Wiring

Hi

Just about to fit my 1.8T engine using Emerald M3D. Just removed the G60 engine loom and to save me some headaches has anyone got any info on what wiring I need to keep going to the fuse box?

Any other advice from anyone in the know welcomed.

Vechicle details :-

1991 G60 Corrado

1998 1.8T AEB engine

Emerald M3D ECU

Std turbo from AGU Engine

Cheers Sam

Its pretty simple. The only wires you will need for the ECU are 12v, Gnd, Tacho and the fuel pump replay wire.

There are a few 12v wires, I use the black 12v that powers the coil. Also lots of grounds or just wire direct to battery. Green/yellow is tacho and yellow/blue is the fuel pump relay.

Not sure if the emerald will drive the temp gauge but if it will the wire you need is the yellow/green that went to the temp sender on the stat housing on the G60.

How are you using an AEB as its a longitudinal engine so will need lots of parts changing to fit the corrado?

Let me know if you want to know anything else as have done a couple of 20v corrados.

Thanks for the help

I am trying to work out what wires are for various switches and sensors that go to the dash as I didnt remove the engine I dont know what plugs are for what? (bought the car as a rolling shell).

Regarding the AEB engine im using a A3 20v n/a gearbox,G60 clutch,Mk3 Gti ancillaries and inlet and exhaust manifolds which I think they are from a AGU engine (inlet needs lots of porting too match the AEB head). The original AEB turbo wont fit as the servo/master cyl are in the way and the oil filter housing was swopped for a normal golf type.

So far this is a cheap conversion I bought a write off complete 40k mile A4 for £800 kept the engine and sold all the other parts on Ebay the engine only owes me about £100.00!!

Thanks again for the help I will post more questions as I start putting it all together.

Cheers