Sign in to follow this  
dtjames

Corrado owners in wales - make youself known here please

Just been down to see him in Fforest fach, really nice guy. Saw some of his work and can agree that he is good at refurbing wheels! just need to save some monies now......

Well, yesterday i popped down to Harris bros to get two rear tyres hopin they would be able to stretch the 195/45 i wanted over my wheels. 2 hours later and it was still a no-go so ended up havin to put on 195/50's which have good stretch but just too much sidewall rubber and to be honest they dont look much good. Hats off to the guy for tryin but am pretty gutted now. Gonna get the car through its mot then have another go i think. Does anyone know anything about fittin stretched tyres? theres some pretty crazy vids on youtube with people using hairspray, settin it alight to bead the tyre. But also some people just manage to use a bead blaster. Anyway, just thought id share my experience, it was a long day! :)

Ah legend, starting to run out of idea's. Will definately pay them a visit once i get the C through its MOT. Everytime i look at the car at the mo, the wheels are doin' my head in! What size tyre is that on the golf? im missin the 195/45 stretch on my 15 by 9's. :)

Oh not sure. I know the rears were 18's and 10" wide - it was a relativley normal width tyre and he made it look easy when putting it on - no drama and was on the rim in 3 minutes.

Thinkin' about buying some new rimmage and getting some stretch on the go - only 40miles from me and id rather go somewhere recommended than try somewhere new or just get turned down by local garages - nice one! :thumb right:

oh and you'll need to give me your numberplate as my name is Huw :)

Ha! Been lookin' at getting a new numberplate literally last nite and today - even posted a topic about it 10mins ago! :lol:

Thinkin' about buying some new rimmage and getting some stretch on the go - only 40miles from me and id rather go somewhere recommended than try somewhere new or just get turned down by local garages - nice one! :thumb right:

if you need tyres stretching I know places closer than llantrisant

Kempy - when you gave me the heads up on Harris Bros for somewhere that does stretch, was there a particular one you had in mind? They have 4 fitting centres in Swansea and apparently the one on Kingsway is the one to go to. Just gonna get the C through its MOT then head up there as i need to change these rears, not the look i wanted really.

K.P Tyres and Exhaust in Llanelli a few times and they had no quibble with fitting my tyres

abc in bridgend.. ask for zeus

c'mon then guys there seems to be a few of us nocking about...

ill put kempy forward as the s.wales corrado meet organiser hahaaa

cant beet a spirited drive through usk lanes... even if im not runnin a charger

4721438351_b44f61f579.jpg

plan.. we can always do it with the newport edition boys if we need more

last time i went on a brecon run I lost everyone so I wouldnt know where to go tbh

Just saw this post, I've used Ian at APS before. The job he did on the wheels for my Elise was insane!

Back in a VR6 again since the Lotus got written off at Dyfatty lights.

'95 flash red 74k totally standard but coily's hopefully coming this week then I'll be on the prowl for wheels...

Hey dudes..just saw this thread Im up in North wales, Flintshire and weetos is from round here too.I have a Red G60 I read there are quite a few C's in and around North and South wales.. :D