Sign in to follow this  
vr6paul

G60 chip on e-bay

putting a chip with an unknown map in a G60? ..more like can't go *right*. :?

I'm guessing from that reply that there isn't a way of finding out the map thats in it like i said in the post originally!!!!

there has to be a way to find out...sure whoever can burn chips can also read them.. but with SNS cutting chips for so cheap why bother messing around with something that could blow your motor just to save a little green? ..err i mean a few quid.

..not saying that that £5 chip is an awful idea.. i mean if you're up for the 'excitment' of not knowing what the crap the ECU in your car is doing... but to me it would be more worry than excitment so i'd just rather buy something i'm sure of.

We have had customers come to us with 'E-bay specials' fitted in their ECU's. The ones we have seen basically behave in this manner, dead below 3k rpm due to too much fueling, pull well though the mid range then jerk about as the fueling goes crazy up top end. They proberbly won't blow your motor as they just dump silly amounts of fuel in running rich. They do the job, but they are very crude indeed. What you save on the chip you will pay back in larger fuel bill's over a year.

Another lad we know ordered up a G40 chip and pulley off e-bay just out of curiosity, LOL, he wondered what the hell was going on with his car when hge started it up as it acted very irratically. Turned out on furher investigation he had been supplyed with a chip with a G60 map coded onto it.

when chipping you need to do it properly. dont expect results first time as the chip is generic unless you have your car mapped. dont buy a chip thats for a general G60 as id say its a con. it need to be more specific.

im still having issues with my setup. im on a SNS but at this stage cant blame a chip. when you upgrade it amplifies the problems that were underlying before.

ive made a biggish jump from standard to a frontmount, red tops, FPR 65mm and SNS to match. my problems which were quite less apparent are right in my face now. i think i got weak spark and deffo a bad o2 system. i have problems in first where it misses as i set off and at approx 1 bar boost plus. i know its rich but its better that way for now than melting a piston. speak to bilal. i know this chip is good or a variant of it will be.

in a word yes but no pain no gain. feels so much better already. the std G60 had started to feel sluggish unless i was doing like 4700rpm or above.

when i get home the new leads n shiz are going on n see if that improves things.