Sign in to follow this  
mariovr6

vag-com

hay guys

just got my vag-com leads in the post!!!!!!!!!!!

only problem nw is i cant work out what i need to down load from ross-tech??? there seems to be fore things on there, what one is for corrado vr6 1994? the freebee one?

also to save pages ...... i just went to vag to buy the sensors that go on the thermo housing ( blue sensor and yellow one) they gave me a black one with a blue ring round it??? have vag changed them?? this is the third time as vag kept giving me the wrong shape ones .......... so i cant trust the experts nomore!!!! :lol:

i downloaded the 401.9 and connected it to the car but havent got a clue how to use it?? what should i click? how do i even know if its reading my ecu?

i ran it and it did a search thing checking 01 02 03 15 25 ect and nothing came up? but i ran it later when it wasnt even connected to the ecu and it still did the same thing?

sorry this is all very new to me and havent got the slightest clue what i should be clicking :oops: :mad:

First test your interface,

Options -> Test

Make sure you select the appropriate COM or USB port on this page. I have a USB lead from China that installs itself as COM4 not USB.

If this doesn't work you have a problem with the lead or the drivers are not installed correctly (you need XP and the drivers from Ross Tech or you can use generic windows drivers for my lead).

Then go back to the start screen and:

Select -> Engine

wait for it to establish communication then select Read Fault Codes.

Chris

hello

just did as you said and it seemed to work....... think i might have stopped it abit early as it never said test finished or nothing........

It came up with ENGINE SPEED SENSOR error

where is this sensor and how much do they cost?

would this be the reason for it cutting as im driving?

Engine must be running with the "AG" engine ECU on a 1994 VR6 otherwise some parameters read incorrectly. "CP" ECU version will read correctly with the ignition on only.

Vehicle speed errors (gearbox speedo sender) come up when stationery too. Bosch didn't program the AG ECU to ignore inactive sensors.

Guys I ve downloaded the 409.1 usb onto my laptop. I then came to install the driver for the cable and followed the procedure but it cant find a driver to install. I am running win 2000 and using a lead brought off fleebay (chink lead i think). Any idea's?

Right I ve also tried to install this on my pc but again when it comes to install the driver and I select C:\programefiles\Vagcom it still cant find the driver :mad:

Try letting Windoze search online for recommended drivers (this might be XP only). I have a lead from http://www.millisi.net which works with standard windows drivers or ones from their site. There were two seperate drivers to install. Then check Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager and make sure you can find the new port listed and double check whether it is installed as a true USB device or a Serial port emulator (COM1 to 4). You can update the driver from here as well.

Chris

When I plug the cable in its detects it. I ve found a driver which allows it to be installed under the "usb controller" but still when I come to check the port on the vag com it just cant find any lead "rosstech interface not found"! :mad: :2gunfire:

Yes that's true, first time you use it and "Test" the lead it has to be connected to the car.

I didn't need any drivers for mine though which is odd, guess it's because it's a seriel cable rather than USB.

I am sure it says you only need to plug the lead into the computer then test the port, once thats done you then save it and this allows to you to run the test.

But i'll try it in the car to see if that works...

ok just ran vag-com again and lambda is back

this is what came up!

2 FAULTS FOUND

00537 LAMDA (OXYGEN SENSOR) REGULATION

11-10 CANTROL LIMIT NOT REACHED-INTEMITTENT

00532 SHAREWARE VERSION TO DECODE ALL DTC's

07-10 PLEASE REGISTER/ACTIVATE -INTERMITTENT

ok does this mean it really is the lambda as its back?

whats the second lot mean??

It's not telling you what the second code is because it's shareware, easy to find out what they mean though, just search for the code plus the words "vag com fault code" on google. ;)

A quick google gave me this:

00532 - Supply Voltage Battery

07-10 - Signal too Low - Intermittent

Sounds like you've got a low battery.

As for the Lambda fault coming back, yes that probably does mean it's knackered. One thing to check first though, where it plugs into the loom in the engine bay (looking from the front of the car, back left very low down) the wires are prone to going brittle and snapping off the connector, this is what happened to mine....but I only noticed when I came to fit the new Lambda. Doh!

il try and have a look for the lambda connection...............

i nothice there is a yellow wire with a yellow connector just hanging loose?? its a single wire with a thin long yellow plastic connector.........

it was last seen looking suspicious hanging around the thermo housing estate???lol