Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

handling and grip?

a friend of mine said that i could make my car more responsive if i fitted some performance suspension bushes, engine mounts and a 3-piece strut brace (front upper,lower and rear). this makes good sence, but he dose drive a ford! so i thought id better ask you guys- if i did the above would it make the ride a bit too harsh?

Defo rear brace, fronts not so important on the Rado.

Bushes - your preference really. Powerflex for a quick stiffen up or Vibratechnics if you want something a bit more compliant. Both are a million times better than 11+ year old saggy handbag originals....

Not much point unless you're putting serious power down with a quaife.

You can also seam weld the subframes for extra rigidity. This is a good lower brace if you want one though...

lowerstress234.gif

Defo rear brace, fronts not so important on the Rado.

Bushes - your preference really. Powerflex for a quick stiffen up or Vibratechnics if you want something a bit more compliant. Both are a million times better than 11+ year old saggy handbag originals....

Do Vibratechnics do suspension bushes too? I'm going to change mine soon.

They do indeed. They do the rear axle ones and also the rear wishbone ones. The front wishbone bushes never wear out, so leave those as they are. The Vibra ones are awesome.

I have powerflex bushes all round on mine from the previous owner, should I change them for Vibratechnics ones? I'm going to change all the engine/box mounts to Vibratechnics ones. Not keen on my solid EIP front mount.

Also, just how much of a difference does the rear strut brace make?

If you're happy with the powerflexes, leave them be mate. The vibras do the same job but rubber is always going to be more compliant that poly.

Rear brace makes a huge difference. You wouldn't think it but the big, unbraced rear half of the car flexes more than you realise, you WILL notice a a difference straight away.