Sign in to follow this  
-Neil-

reiger grill, close pictures from front please!

Im wanting to look at the gap between the bottom two slats in relation to the eyebrow bit please, has anybody got any head on close pictures?

Thanks

Neil

ok question for you, how do you fix the grill/spoiler into place, the one i have has two plastic bits that i guess go DOWN into the front member bit and then it has two more tabs that go from the spoiler bit, but they are just tabs, nothing to stop it sliding out?

Any tips?

I used velcrow. Fastened to the lights... worked well for ages, but then kinda flew off at high speed :( So I would suggest using screws - i personally wouldn't be overly happy with screwing into the lights, but maybe you could fasten it to the slam panel somehow - and at the same time stop it from sagging! (it was always on the 'to do' list) :wink:

so are the top tabs that slide horazontaly into the slam pannel just for guideance, they dont actually hold it in?

Made up some metal tabs, bent to shape with a hammer and some mole grips, to hold the ends down using the headlight mounting position. And put some screws and a bit of vacuum hose(on the right hand two) through the tabs to hold it in.

You can slightly adjust the screws in and out to align it with the wing/bonnet. Use the vacuum hose to give the right hand tab screws something to tighten up to otherwise the screw can pull the spoiler up too high.

This is on a VR6, I believe that some of the Corrados only use 2 tabs depending on the slam panel, which is why, on my spoiler at least, there were 5 tabs so adapt to suit.

Has been tested to (idicated) 140mph........in Germany of course

Excuse 'winter' condition of car (mmm, heated garage would be nice!)

Andy

000.jpg

001.jpg

I brought one cheap at it was broken so i could try and put it back together.

Ive been trying to fix the one i have and have managed to get the two bottom slats back together with firbe glass but im having problems with the top eyebrow bit,

how big is the gap between the bumper and the BOTTOM slat?

reiger.JPG

reiger1.JPG

Here is how my grill sits. I have a screw tapped into the middle tab, double sided tape under the eyebrows, and some silicone on the lower tabs. Took the car to 130, and no problems.

DSCN4432copy.sized.jpg