Sign in to follow this  
matth76

Other than the spring/shock kit - what else do I need?

Hi

I'm seriously thinking about getting an H&R cup kit fitted on my golf vr6. The kit itself costs £340 which is well below the rrp.

However I need to know what other parts might be necessary on top of this like camber adjustment bolts or new top mounts...are these required or anything else such as new polybushes?

I am visiting Stealth in March so it's likely they may fit it (if they can fit me in on top of my rolling road session) or The Phirm who are local to me. I know the fitting and laser and camber alignment is going to cost around £200+vat... so that's around £550 in total. Do The Phirm have all the right equipment to adjust camber and geometery etc? I need to know if any other costs are involved or any other parts?

Thanks for any help.

A spine strengthening kit and uprated tooth fillings?

lol... cheers for your replies. How much would top mounts and new bump stops be for the parts and how long to fit approx?

I'm not sure about the cost, but supplying new bumpstops and top mounts may reduce the fitting time slightly as your current suspension wouldn't have to be stripped to get at the old ones. I'm basing this on you getting a kit that consists of a complete strut. If the kit comes with inserts at the front then the old suspension will need to be stripped anyway, but it'll take no more time to fit with new bump stops and top mounts.

If anyone does know what the likely cost for new bump stops and top mounts will be please let me know.

The Phirm are highly rated by PVW magazine who use them for all their cars. Half the price of a main dealer and ten times more experienced and very friendly.

Cheers guys. What's the general opinion on H&R Cup Kits? How will I tell if the kit consists of a complete 'strut' and what does this mean? Do I need new top mounts and bump stops on the rear too? Are camber adjustment bolts necessary to alter the camber? The kit should lower the car 60mm at the front and 40 at the back... by the way. Does altering the camber depend on how low the drop is and what car it is?