Sign in to follow this  
bigbluec

Oil on Air Filter.....

Hi Guys,

This has happened a couple of times now on my 1.8 valver KR but the top pipe going to the airbox from the block seem to be spewing (small amounts) of oil on top of the air filter and in turn finding it's way to the intake causing the odd puff of smoke. Firstly i thought this was a suction hose??

The engine has never been overfilled with oil and i've cleaned out all the relevant pipes which sorts the problem for a month or so, so what's causing it???

Cheers in advance guys

When you belt it around a right hander you can often get oil surge. I had a big problem with my track car doing that so i cut the pipe and installed a catch tank. For a daily driver i would just renew any breather pipes that look old or saggy.

Cheers guys,

Yeah all pipes thoroughly cleaned and all in v.good nick may think about a catch tank as that would be an easy fix. Any more suggestions welcome!

recirculates the oil vapours so they combust in the engine. Otherwise your car tends to smell like oil when sat in traffic.

or in my case spits oil on the air filter, correct?