Sign in to follow this  
cvw

obd2 and 2x2 ?

had a machanic out to the c last night as i haven't been able to start it since i returned from spain last week . and he said it was something to do with the electrics . the fuel pump primes up and the engine starts running for about thrty secs then it cuts out . the mechanic said he thought the immobiliser was cutting the fuel pump off. i have just been looking at the vag-com scanning and help thread and dont fully understand wether i can get my c hooked up to this system . i hav a 1.8 16v 91 . i have just looked under the gaiter inside the car and see that i have only one of the 2x2 ports . can anyone shed any light on the situation please. oh i have also had the battery off this week. thanks

wes :x

I think you need the 2x2 adaptor mate- if you have a (later OBDII) adaptor with a usb connection I can lend you my adaptor which will covert OBDII leads for use in earlier cars. It would probably be quicker to check the VAG-COM thread on this forum..several forum users in the Northwest have offered use of their equipment if you live nearby.

I think i'm right in saying that VAG-COM will be pretty useless on a valver though, only reads ABS codes IIRC.

cheers triggermyson. have you any advice on what i should do next then . and what will stop my motor playin up.

It does look like immobiliser even to my untrained eye... What did the mechanic suggest to fix it?

take it to an auto electrician. could the immo be closin off my fuel pump?

just read in the sticky that early c use voltage pulses (blink codes ) to find faults. never heard of this before. is there another system that reads these codes? is an immo problem usually easy/hard to sort?

is there any way that i could bypass the immo . i know it is a big risk and i am sure i live in one of the worst parts of mancunia. but it would only be for a short time , so i could at least get it to a garage.

RW1 is the man you want to be speaking to about this, he is so knowlegable I normally have him locked in my cupboard under the stairs... I keep him alive by feeding him wiring diagrams. ;)

i have just been looking at the vag-com scanning and help thread and dont fully understand wether i can get my c hooked up to this system . i hav a 1.8 16v 91 . i have just looked under the gaiter inside the car and see that i have only one of the 2x2 ports . can anyone shed any light on the situation please.

Hello, dissappointment on this one, the diagnostics are analogue (blink code) and can only work by running the car and then looking with a VAG1551 with analogue card fitted. Faults are lost on ignition off. So..... not a VAG-COMable Corrado.

Taking battery won't upset the engine electronics, too early a system for that sort of thing. Suggest you look at the alarm immobiliser priming when it shouldn't and also the fuel pump relay, located in the bottom row up against the door piller end, last relay in the row - maybe marked "67".

The positive +12 volts wire on the fuel pump connector on top of the tank is red/yellow. It splits in the boot to the main pump under the car. At the relay/fuse box, its coming out of the third black plug on the top row starting at the passenger side (plug "M").

bit the bul;let and booked an electrician for saturday , fingers crossed it wont cost that much............... keep you all posted