Sign in to follow this  
Grahame

My 2.0 16v

Just bought this last week. I've had a couple of volkswagens before including a mk2 golf, but this is my first corrado. I love it. Full dealer history and just had an engine rebuild by the previous owner. Interior is like it has never been sat in.

Plan to change wheels at some stage.

looking very clean there mate, what mileage has it got ? as like you said bloody clean interior. the wheels arent that bad. 8)

Thanks. Its a 92 with 140k. Last dealer stamp was at 138k and its only done about 500miles since the rebuild. The interior still smells like new. Everything works except the passenger handle which, hopefully, Daves16v will sort out for me! Apart from that it needs a bit of paint here and there (scratch on bonnet and rear bumper scuffed) which will hopefully be sorted in the next month or two.

More pictures to come at the weekend hopefully.

Forgot I had this thread!

Over a year later, I still have this car, so time for an update I think!

I still have not had the rust bubbles sorted, but the whole car WILL be resprayed this year to bring it up to a standard that matches the rest of the car.

No new wheels yet either.

However, I did manage a bit of performance work. When I bought the car, the engine had a rebuild with every gasket replaced, new rings, tappets, chain, pumps etc etc. But it also had a bit of headwork done, KR cam and an unknown downpipe and sports cat fitted. So I took it to a local fella that sets up alot of race/rally cars and he put it on the rolling road. It made 145Bhp @fly. We then fitted a kent cams vernier pulley, adjusted the cam and ignition timings until we ended up with 161Bhp. Our local ClubGti is having another rolling road day next month so it will be interesting to see if its still making the same.

I'm also starting a new job next week and will be using the bus/train instead of Corrado so am thinking about more power as I won't be driving as much. I would like to aim for 190/200 ish Bhp. What has everyone else done to get to this on a 16v? I like the idea of throttle bodies and aftermarket management but they are expensive. Any cheaper methods people can recommend?

What the heck, I didn't see the date on this thread. I thought you only just bought the car.

I don't think it's too easy getting 200bph (ish) from any of the 16v's without putting on turbo's or chargers.

I'm opting for a 1.8T engine conversion shortly & I hear (hear is the operative word) east coast customs in Lisburn is a good place to go for conversions/tuning etc.

The owner apparantly has owned a couple of Corrados in the past & he may be able to give you a few ideas on how to get to your desired 200hp mark.

That is a tasty Valver, looks very nice..

You are using good camera as well by the looks of it...

Wheels wise i think they look spot on, keep them...

Thanks, appreciate it. Can't take credit for the photos. My mate Luke took them - think hes using a Canon350D.