Sign in to follow this  
PoorMansPorsche

Arrgghh - So does anyone actually have BIG Recaro's in the C

alright peeps,

im at me wits end - ive got some recaro speed copies and no sub frames - recaro do not do a sub frame, ive tried a knocked up scirocco sub frame and this is still too tall (the seats fitted in the car but i didnt fit in them!). All my local metal fabricators dont want to know they are ooo that looks a bit complex. Basically due to the height of them and the height of me (6 foot) the frame has to be basically just a thin piece of metal and non height adjustable

so does anyone actually have any tall recaro's (or the like fitted) and how did they do it?

(I do not have any manual skills at all!)

cheers

Brett

Did you remove every thing possible unnecessary from the underside of the seat before fitting it to the subframe eg other manufacturers fixings or rails etc. The base needs to be kept to the bare mimimum.

recaro still make the sub frames but they are very expensive, a20 lee has them iirc he butchered some corrado recaros.

No butchering involved. Direct replacement, you need factory recaro subframes for Recaro Speeds which means buying corrado recaro's and throwing the seat bit away.

Supposedly after protracted correspondance with Recaro, they are saying that they do not make any subframes for the corrado anymore due to none of their seats being able to fit in on the highest height setting and cannot be E marked ?? (although they do fit on the lowest level!!)

so anyone got any ideas what i can do because the chances of me buying corrado recaros is nill !