Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

Koni coilovers

I'm thinking of getting either Koni coilovers or the FK konigsport kits for my VR6, just after some advice from anyone who has already fitted these kits.

What is the limits of the adjustment on the rideheight and damping? Can they be adjusted so they give the standard setup, or even on the limit of adjustment is the car lowered and stiffer? If so, roughly how much? I've lowered golfs with advice from the suppliers before assuring me I won't get any rubbing (Gmax and jamex kits), both times ending in having to roll the front arches (only running 15" 195 50 R15's) :x Don't want to wreck this car.

Has anyone had any reliability problems with either of these kits? Apparently the only difference between the two are the springs as the shocks are both made by koni.

The FK's come with a lifetime warranty where as the Koni's come with 3 years, and the FK's are about £100 cheaper, so thinking the FK's are probably the way to go... :?:

Thanks.

Just ask yourself why the Koni springs are more expensive? I would personally go with the Koni springs with the adjustables. My reson is that I have spoken to people who have both the Fk's and the Konis and the gereral feeling is the Koni give a better ride. There wont be any major differences, Koni shock with Koni spring sounds like they match well.

Yer Rams, sounds like the koni's are the business so will probably go with that. Do you know what sort of adjustment they are capable of?

I've got Fk Konigsport's - nowt wrong with the ride quality at all! Obviously the lower you go the harder the ride gets - but that goes for any coilover system. I haven't driven or been in a car with the Koni's so can't say if it's better or worse, but I CAN recommend the FK's - top quality.

HTH

Mark

I have FK`s and a friend has koni`s on his golf, the koni`s are deffo a firmer ride. I am well chuffed with my FK`s, superb ride and handling, couldn`t ask for more, I run about a 60mm drop on 15`s and no arch rubbing at all. and the fks will go lower as they have the helper springs.

The FK's come with a lifetime warranty where as the Koni's come with 3 years, and the FK's are about £100 cheaper, so thinking the FK's are probably the way to go... :?:

Thanks.

think its the other way about........the koni kit should come with a lifetime warranty........well mine does

Well theres been a long conversation into this and the conclusion came that FK's were Koni without the lable.

Both Koni's and FK's fully adjustable coilover are identical and both work as well as each other.

just my 2p worth

alex

2.1 16v

I have the Koni coilovers fitted to my car & I find the road holding to be EXCELLENT but, even at the softest settings there a bit stiff for my liking.

I adjusted mine up & down to try & find the best set up. I found that raising & lowering the ride height made little or no difference to the ride comfort.

Kerr plunk!

think its the other way about........the koni kit should come with a lifetime warranty........well mine does

Just aswell considering my two front Konis have failed after 2 weeks!

Kev