Sign in to follow this  
willbarnett

Proespective Corrado owner needs a little advice...

Hi,

Having just sold my 145 Cloverleaf (lovely car but wasn't built to last) I'm in the market for a car I've always admired, the Corrado. I've wanted a VR6 or a G60 for a while but was concerned about insurance prices. Now I'm 24 and have a couple of years no claims I was wondering which would be the cheaper to insure? Also, as I only have the money for my Cloverleaf I was wondering which is the cheaper to run - parts, fuel, servicing etc? Lastly, as I haven't had a chance to drive either yet, what are the main differences in character between the two engines?

Any help much appreciated.

Cheers,

Will

Welcome to the forum! Corrado is a very good choice :)

Both G60 & VR6 will be similar running/servicing/maintenence costs. Similar MPG, really depends on how you drive it TBH.

As for insurance I found that insuring a G60 actually cost more than a VR6. don't know if that's just me though. I'm 23 2YNC and it cost £850 fully comp for me from Brentacre on my VR6.

The VR6 is a bit of a subtle beast, plenty of torque. The G60 is more of a racer but I can't comment much as I haven't driven one yet.

If you do a search, there's loads of discussions about G60 vs VR6, but ultimately, you just have to get out there, test them out and decide which is best for you.

insureence wise i dont think theres a great deal in it. (depends who you with)

difference wise (imo)

vr6-- big *lazy* brute, what a sound, grinning machine :mrgreen:

g60--lighter, low down get up an go,supercharged :D

your best bet is just charge a vr :lol: :twisted:

Will

You want to check the whole site using 'search', but lets hope some people can give you a quick summary.

A useful part of the site is the Knowledgebase CLICK ME.

Then more specifically the Buying guide CLICK - checklist is a must see.

Where to find one? The usual Auto Trader & ebay, but also This Site, where you'll find loads of C's in different livery.

Im interested to know the VR6 v G60 discussion... ; I can only dream what a VR feels like to grunt past anything, as you may know the 1.8 & 2.0 16v are average-joe