Sign in to follow this  
STORM 2

Highly recommended for seized/rounded bolts

IRWIN BOLT GRIPPER SOCKETS - all I can say is that they are FANTASTIC!

spent days trying to get it off - it was bent, rounded and completely shedded - the bolt grippers got it off first go!! well chuffed

Anything similar for screws? I need to get the notorious 'middle screw' out of my headilghts so that I dont have to take out the whole air box to replace bulbs. The best thing i've seen is the jml screw remover...£10 from woolworths - anybody tried these?

Do they do anything for allen bolts, my rear brake compensator has rounded bolts and I need it off.

Do they do anything for allen bolts, my rear brake compensator has rounded bolts and I need it off.

they are a git on the vr6 mate, i drilled the heads off the allen bolts and it still didnt want to shift, eventually used a cordless sabre saw and cut the barsteward off........£70 - £80 quid for a new one

they are a git on the vr6 mate, i drilled the heads off the allen bolts and it still didnt want to shift, eventually used a cordless sabre saw and cut the barsteward off........£70 - £80 quid for a new one

I think I'm going to saw through my rear bush pivot bolt and then work on the compensator with it off the car. I'll try drilling/extractors and or hammer and punch, if not I'll be doing what you did!

I havent been able to fill one of my tyres up for 6 months now, as the metal valve cap has completely bonded with the valve, No matter of wd and pliers will remove it, w/o twisting the valve as well.

Any ideas? Will these help?

andy i had the same problem in the end i got a old socket and hammered it on then used a rachet to take off, its a bit hard due to space.

khurrado i ad the same problem too, then alloy valve corrodes with the cap making it stick together, if you get two pairs of mole grips or pliers then grip the valve stem itself and the cap and turn in opposite directions. be sure not to grip the valve stem to hard as it can crush it.

andy i had the same problem in the end i got a old socket and hammered it on then used a rachet to take off, its a bit hard due to space.

These are allen bolts though mate...

These are allen bolts though mate...

Could hammer a spline in... also worth changing the axle bushes if your going to change the compensator along with those 2 small hoses

I haven't tried these but I think theyre worth a try

Thorsman 1775 112 GRABIT Damaged Screw/Bolt Remover - 1775112 £12.75

lawson HIS tools

84-88 Millbrook Road East • Southampton • SO15 1BG

• Sales Office: 08709 907038

• General Enquiries: 08709 907033

• Fax: 08709 907031

• E-Mail us at: mailto:[email protected]

I haven't tried these but I think theyre worth a try

Thorsman 1775 112 GRABIT Damaged Screw/Bolt Remover - 1775112 £12.75

lawson HIS tools

84-88 Millbrook Road East • Southampton • SO15 1BG

• Sales Office: 08709 907038

• General Enquiries: 08709 907033

• Fax: 08709 907031

• E-Mail us at: mailto:[email protected]

in addition to this, ask to speak to dave and tell them garry from lefix ltd sent you in and you should get trade discount ( i have been dealing with lawsons for 20+ years )

in addition to this, ask to speak to dave and tell them garry from lefix ltd sent you in and you should get trade discount ( i have been dealing with lawsons for 20+ years )

Wish I had known this earlier!!

also worth changing the axle bushes if your going to change the compensator along with those 2 small hoses

Yep, thats what I'm doing, its the compensator thats holding the job up at the mo. :x

Yep - just to say i got the main set and the expansion set from Machine Mart and they have already paid for themselves at least once...

Yesterday I bought some JML screw extractors from Homebase but not tried them yet...

After seeing the state of some of the screws and bolts in my engine bay (and consequently having to drill one out to do my front mount job) something like this might be quite handy..

I'll have to start investing in some tools me thinks! :)