Sign in to follow this  
2_Door_fun

ECU Vac pipe connections

Hi all.

Well the rebuild continues. Chimed into a couple of posts last week about Vac pipes and found out that mine are all wrong.

Anyhow after getting hold of a mirror I found these...? Is this where the ECU ect VAC pipe is supposed to connect?

Cheers all.

vac-1a.jpg

This is how it was setup !!! Due to the above..

pipe-3.jpg

I have spoke to Dubcharged about this and he got me looking in the wright direction. My ECU line is currently connected to the brake servo :lol:

How I have it at the moment..Managed to remove the Boost Gauge line.

pipe-4.jpg

Update on this problem.

Got a new throttle plate on its way today. So all should be well with the cars vac system.

Removed the old throttle plate yesterday and got a better shot of the screws... :roll: Bit scary really as the previous owner claimed he was a mechanic :shock: plate-1.jpg

So when thenew plate is in place. What should I do with the other take of nipple? Can you power a Boost gauge from it? Where does the mfa line attach to? Does it stay on the servo?

Cheers

yep bit scary really. I always wondered why the cars timing was out. Always advanced?? Maybe this is the prob.

Anyway all solved now. Fitted the new throttle plates today. Now to get a new ECU line. The original has been cut to 68cm!! It has to be 1m yes?

The other nipple needs blocking so Said Dubcharged. Had a few conversations with him about this. Spoke to him after I purchased a new SNS Stage 5.5 chip week or so back. What is the best way to block it off??

Fitted a Mocal cooler today aswell. So now all this is done plus my rebuilt (by GWERKS) charger is also on I should be firing her up in the morning for the first time in 3 months. I disconnect the dizzy to prime the charger don't I. Let her turn over without firing to get oil into the bearings..

Wish me luck.. :lol:

The original has been cut to 68cm!! It has to be 1m yes?

yep,1 meter.available from vw,you may have to explain to them very slowly :lol: that it needs to be 3.5mm internal diameter (iirc) and ask for a few inch over 1 meter too,see below :wink:

What is the best way to block it off??

bit of pipe,and bolt that fits(screws?) tightly in the open end,i used a couple of tie wraps also...

I disconnect the dizzy to prime the charger don't I. Let her turn over without firing to get oil into the bearings..

Wish me luck.. :lol:

i never did this,and as soon as it fired up i remembered that someone mentioned it before :shock: but thinking about it,the charger is spinning wether the engines firing or not,so will be fine to just let it tick over i think :)

Neil.

I can't find vaacum pipe with 3.5mm inner diameter... I have with 3.2mm.. is that a problem? It has to be exactly 3.5?

Ask for diesel injector run off pipe. I just bought some at halfrauds today 1m for £4 plus it comes with propper injector blanking caps. I used this to blank off the lower vac nipple.

Well I bottled it today :oops: I decided not to fire up the 60.

Fitted the Mocal cooler though so the oil circuit is complete.

I felt in to much of a hurry. So I'm away for the weekend and will check all I have done on Monday... Take my time I think. Check the timing is set correct as I fitted a new belt last week.