Sign in to follow this  
tarche2

MELLOW YELLOW CORRADO FELLOW project diary UPDATED 31/01/07

ok MAMOUTH UPDATE!!!!

All things I have done since last update!!!!

On my way back from picking up some of my mates. My back box decides to remove its self from the rest of the system so my car now sound like an out of tune tractor! So guess what my next purchase will be.... Its stainlees! The damage:

27.jpg

On a happier note I did pick up some parts from GSF, (on the bike obviously) and also thanks to Martin, (lupogtiboy) I now have a 50mm splitter which is now fitted. YAY

GSF parts included engine mount, wheel bearing, rocker cover gasket set and inlet manifold gasket set. Martin also supplied me with 2 O'rings for my weepy water flanges!

28.jpg

29.jpg

030.jpg

Turned out the rocker cover Gasket was wrong so went and swapped for correct one!

31.jpg

and 99p ebay bargain exhaust box arrived and fitted.

32.jpg.

I then got fed up of the shite plastic plates that were losing their backs etc. so.... bought these:

33.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

Steel pressed British Plates YUMMY!

This was all about 6 Months ago. I will add later pics of cut down gear knob, cracked wind screen, ipod bracket and fuse box cover that was missing.

I found out a peice of my lower dash was missing infront of the fuse box. So snapped up one from the Corrado forum.

33-1.jpg

Ages Passed and didn't do anything to the car. I randomly one day decided to cut the gear leaver down. Quick throw gears here I come.

34-1.jpg

Most recently I purchased one of the New Ipod nanos as I ahve all my cd's on mp3 at hom and had, had enough of the 1000's of cd's in the car. As my JVC cd player has a front imput and I dont ever use the car phone. I removed the head set for the car phone and replaced with a mobile phone holder bought for £6 which I modified and mounted to the in car phone bracket. So not to allow the wholes in the dash to be on show.

35-1.jpg

36.jpg

This will prb be the last update this year with moving house and all but I will update any changes I do make.

Well as some of you know. I have just moved into a house so went to my dads swapped my yellow beast for a big red van to move with. Anyway yesturday I went to swap them back! After a little wealing and dealing behind the scenes. Involving Ebay and the dubmarines forum. My car now looks like this!!!!

37.jpg

38.jpg

Sex on wheels with strecthed tyres yummy! Now I just need some centre caps!!!

Other week I got bored and ended up removing the very 80's car phone.

39.jpg

I have also now rec'd and fitted these!!!!

40.jpg

As some of you know I put my car up for sale due to finances and not being able to make her how I want her. But I couldn't do it. All because of these pics.

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

I have about 3 weeks left of driving her and then she is off the road for a year for some serious maintainence. Lots of updates to come. Keep yours eyes peeled!!!!

looks nice - that 40mm drop and it'll be lust :) can you tell me how you fitted those brackets to the badgeless grill? self tapping screws? are they totally hidden? i need to do this too...

no I drilled pilot holes in the place then screwed with fine screw by hand. U cant see the black tape makes it snug. Hope that helps :)

Cool Another Nugget C! Here a pic of mine looking pretty cool at the Dub Preservation Society Meet last Year! Just Fitted with my new wheels! Think they doo look better with a rubbing strip!

c1.jpg

and another

c2.jpg

Love the D90's on yours! BTW what you do with your RM's???

beeftech - nice raddo mate! Swapped the rm's for my tyres and wheel adapaters. I was gonna put the rubbing stripes back. I even have them in my shed. But I have now decided to leave them off as having a full respray.

storm warning - Bit much for me the yellow interior I think! I quite like the black leather as it is.

Yeah I know. Would have been hard to have found one as good I think. Plus I couldn't afford a strom for a long while.