Sign in to follow this  
146 Jockey

17" BBS

Was going to invest in a set of either RC's or RX's. Does anyboby have these and how does the car handle with 17" on it? I have it dropped 30mm. Was also told that they had discontinued the RC's, any truth?

If they have dis continued the RC's I'll cry :cry: - they are my fav wheels on the Corrado and Ive yet to buy some :cry:

That looks absolutely spot on Spoier. Right offset, right size, right style. Nice one.

I've always liked BBS wheels. Some wheels command too much attention and is usually the first thing you notice, but in your case it all gels together nicely as a neat package.

One thing that does stand out rather prominently though is the orange plastic!

Why do American market cars have to have those nasty fender lights in the bumpers?

Kev

They do look nice. They looked nice on the PVW mag cover car in april but they were smoked. I still like the RC's that little bit more, maybe more so when I found out they were discontinued. Anyone shed some light on this?

Baz

Why do American market cars have to have those nasty fender lights in the bumpers?

Kev

D.O.T. standards require them. You must have lights on all sides of the car to be seen at night. The rears wrap around enough that a rear maker isn't required but because of the front bumper design, an additional light is required. You must run amber up front and red in the rear.

D.O.T. is responsible for all the crap we got here, the bad lights, the knee bars, automatic seatbelts, bumper redesign, etc. :(

I have also heard RC's have been discontinued when the RGR's came out.. but I still see places selling the RC's.

The good old RC, one of my personal all time favourites

mycar.JPG

But then I'm biased :wink:

They have been discountinued for a while now in a 4x100 et33 fitment in 17" but are still available in the 5x100. Were the lightest production wheel in the world when they came out, sure they're still pretty much up there in terms of lightness.

HTH

Can't go wrong with BBS. Good looking, Tough, light and last forever. I've only ever heard one complaint about BBS wheels and that is keeping them clean is a nightmare!

How heavy is the RC compared to an OZ Crono Evolution, which for the 17" model, weighs in at 7.7Kgs, which is pretty light for a 17.

I'm thinking of getting a set of 16" cronos because they look very similar to the stock Speedlines, which I like, and they weigh bugger all, which always helps with the handling and braking. I can then fit the Brembo conversion too. So much for keeping my car standard :?

Kev

I am considering selling my 17" BBS RC's. They are absolutely mint with not a single mark on them. They are 7.5x17 et 35 with 4x100 PCD. They are on my G60 at the moment but I fancy something new. I will only sell them if someone offers me decent money for them.

The tyres are all v.good, infact the rears are brand new.

Make me a sensible offer and I might let them go.

J

I'm thinking of getting a set of 16" cronos because they look very similar to the stock Speedlines, which I like, and they weigh bugger all, which always helps with the handling and braking. I can then fit the Brembo conversion too. So much for keeping my car standard :?

Kev

I'll right Kev ..

I've got a set of brembo's bit p*ssed...even though I have a set of 16 Azev A the brakes dont fit, I can just about fit a bit of paper between the wheel and caliper.. new wheels needed now !.. dont fancy geting a stone jammed in the jap .. the'd be scrathched more than a abba record .. so be careful mate .. gets expensive otherwise .... chat to Bill at Badger 5..

he does a nice price on the brakes..

Andy..

The good old RC, one of my personal all time favourites

mycar.JPG

But then I'm biased :wink:

They have been discountinued for a while now in a 4x100 et33 fitment in 17" but are still available in the 5x100. Were the lightest production wheel in the world when they came out, sure they're still pretty much up there in terms of lightness.

HTH

Lovin the C chap..

anymore pics? whats the spec?

i got 7.5x17 RCs too

they fit ok. catch on the inside of the wheel well on the fronts. 5mmm spacer will probly solve this. i use a 5mm spacer on the back to clear the coilover.

434368_2768249474168310754_vl.jpg

Kev

I dont think they do the chronos in a 16", 15 or 17's only. :x

Kev

I dont think they do the chronos in a 16", 15 or 17's only. :x

Arse, Oh well, not to worry.

Kev

For anyone that cares, its a '94 M reg Moonllight Blue 2.0 16v with 47k miles and I'm 2nd owner.

Its got H&R coilovers (need the spacers on the back!) and sitting quite low. Delocked handles, In-Pros, the RC's, FK badgeless grill and Honda aeriel and I think thats it. Oh and tacky plate, C12 ADO

Cheers

For anyone that cares, its a '94 M reg Moonllight Blue 2.0 16v with 47k miles and I'm 2nd owner.

Its got H&R coilovers (need the spacers on the back!) and sitting quite low. Delocked handles, In-Pros, the RC's, FK badgeless grill and Honda aeriel and I think thats it. Oh and tacky plate, C12 ADO

Cheers

Looks sweet mate.. love the car :wink:

Thanks for the compliment Bally.

Kev, actually the ride isn't that harsh considering how low it is, harder than FK's I would say though. In fact, when its running on original wheels and tyres its quite good. I'm guessing its the skinny tyres?

The plate was £399 from memory. I was at Woburn Abbey, thats where that pic was taken. But with such a fine selection of cars on the day it would not have stuck out.

The plate was £399 from memory. I was at Woburn Abbey, thats where that pic was taken. But with such a fine selection of cars on the day it would not have stuck out.

Thought I'd seen the car.. I really liked it, just the way I plan to have my c :wink: I did hang about to chat to you but wasn't about.. oh well :D

as for the plate, I've been looking for one... hope you don't mind..

Sorry I missed you. You going to E38? Its only up the road from you too so you have no excuse :D

See you there maybe.

Amit

PS I dont mind mate