Sign in to follow this  
16vgt

diff between old lights and new

ive heard a few people mention that there a two types of rado lamps- earlier and later... i cant see a difference. am i blind?? i know the obvious ones- late spe bonnet and grill, but whats the diff in lights??

Early fogs/indicators are set back in the bumper slightly where later ones are more flush with the bumper... The headlamps are (apparently) also slightly different, but I don't know what the differences are on those...

Saying that, it took me ages to work out that early bonnets are ---___--- and late ones are ___---___ and I've owned one of each now! :? :lol:

I think the later headlights must stick out more to line up with the grille cause old lights dont as much, either that or i have to adjust mine :S

Beats me, Corrados are just Corrados as far as my primitive brain can ascertain!

So long as it goes fast and sticks to the road like chung nuts do to arse hairs, who cares what the differences are.

Kev

Beats me, Corrados are just Corrados as far as my primitive brain can ascertain!

So long as it goes fast and sticks to the road like chung nuts do to arse hairs, who cares what the differences are.

Kev

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ive heard a few people mention that there a two types of rado lamps- earlier and later... i cant see a difference. am i blind?? i know the obvious ones- late spe bonnet and grill, but whats the diff in lights??

early cars have a different lens and trim surround to make the lens surface flush with the wing and strip across the front of the car, main reflector unit is the same. You can swap the parts over.

Often see older cars with the newer grills fitted, you'll see the lights aren't flush with the grill in this case as older 7 slat grill was also set back.

If your reflectors go, it's cheaper to buy old sepc lights for a newer spec car and swap the lenses and trim over.

David.

Kev

LOL

The only difference in the lights are the lenses.....