Sign in to follow this  
adamukcorrado

intermittant wipers fault....

driving down motorway last night the intermitant wipers setting stopped working, it wipes as you switch it down into intermitant mode and again as you switch it off but doesn't do it on it's own like it should. wheres first place to look? relay? if so which one?

The Corrado's clever intermittant system is controlled by the relay - so I would lean towards it actually being the relay itself.

You can replace with one from a Golf, etc, but you will lose the set-timer function.

i haven't got a set timer function on mine as it's a 1990 model so should be fairly basic, however just been into my local stealers and they want nearly £40 for the relay and would need to be a special order!!!! :shock: so gonna dismantle stalks this afternoon and clean contacts etc to see if that sorts prob.

adamukcorrado, if that doesn't work just go to a scrappy and get a relay, if you can find one of the big ones then that will be a straight fit into your car...

yep,it definately sounds like the relay,as the switch is still providing the power by the sounds of it.

and a relay from a later car will go straight in,and give you the timed intermittent :D 8)

Neil.

If it's not the relay .....check the wiring that goes from the stalk to the loom connector under the steering cowling.

This wiring is also a common fault causing C wipers to intermittently work.

you can buy the intermittent relays for around £25? GPC may do them or the chaps that did the lupo wiper group-buy? seen them somewhere!