Sign in to follow this  
VR6

That time of year again!!

I'm off out soon (and I'm being lazy!) so can people post me some insurance company's phone numbers. Going to do it on work time tomorrow of course ;)

Particularly after the likes of HIC, Liverpool Victoria, Brentacre, Adrian Flux etc.

TIA

hic-08451290290

privilege-08452468564

brentacre-01792650933

greenlight-01277263030

adrian flux-08700714714

quoteline direct-08700667666

need2 insure-01623720081

vr6 see you a mod again now then :lol: :lol: oops sorry to stray of topic mr mod..

i use hic on the c preety good.

But might be worth to see what they are like with mods, eh, Tom?

Adrian Flux are cool with them.

Mine due at the end of the month..... :shock:

I fancy HIC for a good quote actually Darren - never tried them but fingers crossed!

Aye Andi, I think I'll check whether they like mods (bit of a double meaning there!) beforehand! Don't think Effalump like mods do they?

Mine's due at the end of October, so I have a bit of time to play them against each other first :twisted:

Best quote I could get anywhere was 1700 odd, went to elephant and it was about 1300 odd. Declared my mods (suspension, exaust) and it went up to 1600 odd so still cheaper than everyone else, give them a go and if u spend a bit of time messing about on there site you can see how certain mods affect the quote. eg. £60 for an induction kit, go away for supercharger, 150 for suspension. :o

Call HIC on 01279 719932 and ask for Phil

[if you mention Matey-Matey you will get a discount of

at least 5% on their very best quote! - if you attend shows like GTi International, do mention this to get up to 15% off]

might be worth a try!!

Call HIC on 01279 719932 and ask for Phil

[if you mention Matey-Matey you will get a discount of

at least 5% on their very best quote! - if you attend shows like GTi International, do mention this to get up to 15% off]

might be worth a try!!

Yeah, mention:

You went to VW international,

You read PVW and THE GOLF

CCGB

Club GTI

Matey-Matey

Corrado Forums

VW Vortex

And you can save a whopping 20% in total! I know this, 'cos I did! 8) :lol:

VR6

How goes it amigo?!

Try Barclaycard. (not sure of the number sorry!) They only charged me £25 to add that Turn2 CAI that I had from you!

I noticed something when i was doing my online quote with elephant - they did not penalise me at all for my single sp30. They did add on £45 for suspension.

Something I think of all the time is, the whole more or less than -45mm drop question. Does the insurance assesor really carry a tape measure - he didnt even get off his fat asss to asses my mk2, he just looked at the book whilst sitting in his drivers seat!

Also what is the difference between OEM shocks, kwikfit shocks, nameless shocks and Koni or avo shocks. Just because it is a 'performance' brand? are they penalising you for buying a better quality product?

:evil: :mad: I hate insurance companies :mad: :evil:

VR6

How goes it amigo?!

Try Barclaycard. (not sure of the number sorry!) They only charged me £25 to add that Turn2 CAI that I had from you!

Going well cheers matey :)

Barclaycard is not one I've ever thought of using - might look that up, cheers.

-------------

Got a quote from HIC (after mentioning the mags, clubgti, ccgb, the Isle of Man TT (which he said counted!), The golf, PVW etc etc) for £1,100. One drawback is that, despite living on Fraggle rock where car crime is non-existent, that I had to have a CAT 2 immobiliser.

Phoned a local company on the off-chance and it turns out that they are the only IOM company that are insurance approved, and they will fit a Meta CAT 2 for £180. May as well get this done for a bit of peace of mind, plus it probably gives me a wider choice of insurance Company's to get quotes from.

Best thing is that with HIC, you can do anything to the car and unless you go over a 10bhp increase, there's no extra charge! Woohoo!

Gonna keep plugging away and try and get the quotes below £1k though!

£180 for CAT2! Ouch. £80 installed on your driveway, here!

Ring Barclaycard and Adrian Flux last. They're brilliant at undercutting. Think Barclaycard do £100 excess no-matter-what too.

One of the small disadvantages of living over here Andi!

£500 for CAT 1 :shock:

It's either that or get the boat over but then that's gonna be about £200 return!

Will try Flux last - cheers.

Well.......

One word....'WOW'!

Had some pretty good responses to my insurance hunting, generally around the £1k to £900 mark.

Then Adrian Flux manages to quote me £720!! :shock: Bit of an improvement over the £1,200ish last year!

Fully Comp. No huge excess. The usual added extra's. Mods can be added for £25 fixed charge when you notify them.

I am definitely a happy bunny :)