Sign in to follow this  
G60SC_Stoney

My G60 Boost reading

ok i took my G60 out for a nice run today and thought id check the boost reading on the MFA and at 6300rpm (which i didnt like doing!) the figure i got was 1810. question is: is this a good reading for a car with the following mods??

Jabba stage 4 with 68mm pulley(32k since last rebuild)

jabba chip

flowed inlet manifold

flowed exhaust manifold

flowed head

full powerflow exhuast

boost return kit

induction kit.

just interested as i want to compare the reults before and after i take it down to darren next week!! yipee!

* USA EURO Hg(#'s of boost/vacuum) Comments

15 200 -23.7

55 400 -17.8

90 600 -11.9

127 800 -5.9

148 1000 0 (Atmosphere- ala no boost, charger is bypassed)

172 1200 2.9 psi (Your charger is dead or big boost leak)

192 1400 5.8 psi (Your charger is about dead or big boost leak)

211 1600 8.7 psi (Your charger needs new apex strips or big boost leak)

228 1800 11.6 psi (Great for stock pulley, Probably needs new apex strips if 68mm pulley)

242 2000 14.5 psi (Great for 68mm pulley on stock charger)

255 2200 17.4 psi (Great for 68mm pulley on heavily ported charger, hold on to your ass fast!!)

255 and up folks need to be careful with fueling, as the programming maps end at about 242 on the ecu Dynotuning, and air/fuel/egt gauge, and custom chip recommended

its all in the buying guide

stoney how random mine got something exactly like that am gonna get a rebuild after ive done my fmic! will be fine for a little longer! you'll soon tell if its fecked thou as it will rob you of some power if there is no or low boost!

does it feel slower?

also the boost reading isnt a 100% reliable so dont worry about it 2 much, but yours would be due a service about now anyway fella its advised every 25kish! take it to darren he'll be ablke to sort you out and tell you if its fecked?

yeah it was supposed to be down there this week so he could sort out an R1 rebuild, rsr oulet, 65mm toothed pulley set up, red tops, sns chip, ally boost hoses, and a good look over. just wanted to check if it was running low boost before it goes down and to see what its like when it comes back. (ROLL ON SATURDAY!!)

jabba chip

OMG 32k sinse a rebuild at jabba :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

someone call guiness book of world records , that must be a first :lol:

*edit* you dont mean 32 miles do you??

Mines done 47k on a 68mm pulley since the last rebuild at jabba...and still boosts ok, though i've noticed a lack in boost over the last couple of days so it's in obvious need of a service :)

Whats Henny's boost is @ 5000 rpm ??... :lol:

Lets take bets although i do know the answer. :lol:

Free BBM T-shirt to the winner.

ok i took my G60 out for a nice run today and thought id check the boost reading on the MFA and at 6300rpm (which i didnt like doing!) the figure i got was 1810. question is: is this a good reading for a car with the following mods??

jabba chip

flowed inlet manifold

flowed exhaust manifold

flowed head

full powerflow exhuast

boost return kit

induction kit.

just interested as i want to compare the reults before and after i take it down to darren next week!! yipee!

Stoney, mine pulls about 11psi on full boost (measured on an Autometer boost gauge) and measured about 1830 on the MFA. My setup is quite similar to yours, but I do have the big Golf G60 intercooler (courtesy of Darren). So I hope it's a good reading...

jabba chip

flowed inlet manifold

flowed exhaust manifold

flowed head

full powerflow exhuast

boost return kit

induction kit.

Stoney, mine pulls about 11psi on full boost (measured on an Autometer boost gauge) and measured about 1830 on the MFA. My setup is quite similar to yours, but I do have the big Golf G60 intercooler (courtesy of Darren). So I hope it's a good reading...

JMC - You also have a Camshaft.. :wink:

Im guessing he has one of your heads on which are super dooper flow efficent so im gonna go for 8psi. More flow less boost! Least thats what im goin for!

Im guessing he has one of your heads on which are super dooper flow efficent so im gonna go for 8psi. More flow less boost! Least thats what im goin for!

Ahhh, the thinking man! :oops: :lol:

ooh, I like this thread... can I guess? :lol:

No-one's got it yet... ;)

I'll drop a hint by saying this:

Before this last rebuild when this engine was in J-DUB I took her to Bruntingthorpe and got a peak boost figure down the straight of 23PSI...

When I started with this rebuild, I wanted to take a G60 charged engine as far as it could be taken without running a pulley which would cause it to need a rebuild in under 18 months of the milage I do... I think that the boost figure I got up at Chipwizards at redline pretty much says that I've achieved my goal... 8) :twisted:

Bruntingthorpe and got a peak boost figure down the straight of 23PSI...

can i have half a tshirt for guessing the 'before' then darren! :lol:

ooh, I like this thread... can I guess? :lol:

No-one's got it yet... ;)

I'll drop a hint by saying this:

Before this last rebuild when this engine was in J-DUB I took her to Bruntingthorpe and got a peak boost figure down the straight of 23PSI...

When I started with this rebuild, I wanted to take a G60 charged engine as far as it could be taken without running a pulley which would cause it to need a rebuild in under 18 months of the milage I do... I think that the boost figure I got up at Chipwizards at redline pretty much says that I've achieved my goal... 8) :twisted:

Indeed you have Ian - I told you that you wouldn't be dissapointed didnt i :wink: