Sign in to follow this  
young lad

G60 Started To Throw Out Oil

Hi there guys, a quick question, went to see a corrado G60 with a Jabba sport R1 stage 4 charger.

Basically started the car, after 10 secs my mate floored it, next thing you know had to shut the car off as all the engine oil came bursting out...

Any idea's what could of gone wrong ? a pipe burst ? Or the oil filter seal split ?

Also any tips what i should look for when buying a corrado G60?

Thanks guys ur quick responce would be great!

:)

G60's should not, as you have put it be floored after 10 secs from engine starting. The oil sitting in the sump needs to be heated up and distubuted arround the engine and charger , Have a search on the forum for normal oil temp. I beleive ( well what I do is "not over 3000 revs until oil has reached 80 )

not over 3000 revs until oil has reached 80 is what i do too, it takes a few minutes to get there.

However, the engine should stand it happening, and it sounds like something was weak on this one. Lucky you found out now before buying it.

No idea whats blown, it could be anything without a description of roughly where its coming from.

I presume the guy selling it wasnt too happy?!

had to shut the car off as all the engine oil came bursting out...

Bursting out of where?

Hi there guys, a quick question, went to see a corrado G60 with a Jabba sport R1 stage 4 charger.

Basically started the car, after 10 secs my mate floored it, next thing you know had to shut the car off as all the engine oil came bursting out...

Any idea's what could of gone wrong ? a pipe burst ? Or the oil filter seal split ?

This was going to happen sooner or later, with the price of corrados goin down the max power fast car 'cruisers' will start snapping them up, its a sad day, as this young lad has totally pointed out, they will know nothing about the car and in which case destroy it and then tell all their mates, 'VW's are well shit like'

Best bit of advice??

Get a saxo or a corsa and throw as much plastic and filler at it as you can, oh aye and the biggest set of wheels you can find, cos thats the way forward :roll:

And another thing, sort out your ability to spell, the topic title is awful, i tell ye kids these days

Mr Rossco may well be hung over and taking it out on this thread, but he does have a point IMO.

Getting into any car and 'flooring it' within 10 secs is a bit silly, but in a g60 it's asking for trouble.

If it was me that was selling the car, lets just say i'd have been less than happy with your mate.

It would be worth you doing a bit of research into these cars before getting in them and ragging them to death :) .

Best of luck with your search :)

Hi there guys, first of all i would like to apologies if i have hit any tender nerves and Thanks to everyone who read my topic and responded :)

Just thought i would make a few things clear, i didn't put my foot down on the accelerator, as that was my fellow friend who did. I've owned my fair share of VW's ranging from vr's to g60 turbos and wouldn't be ever venturing into a saxo, corsa etc

The reason I asked for advice on a corrado as I've never owned one, but have owned many Golf's..

Also regarding the car, the owner mentioned it could of happened to either me or him, as the oil filter seal had a 10 pence size missing out of the seal. I've offered him to buy a new oil filter and engine oil. We've come to an arrangement and I shall be purchasing it in a day or two. :)

Thanks again guys for your time.

(i will have my Golf 8v Gti + Golf G60 Turbo on sale within a day or so, anyone interested pm me)

As other guys of said you must let the engine oil warm up to at 80 degrees before using any of the boost.

Also you say the charger is a 'Jabba R1 stage 4' its either a R1 or stage4!! you may want to check to find out exaclt what it is!!

as for buying advice, the buying guide is a good place to start, then ask about anything your not sure of!

Also you say the charger is a 'Jabba R1 stage 4' its either a R1 or stage4!! you may want to check to find out exaclt what it is!!

Thanks Dub_nut_g60 for the advice, yeh i was wondering that aswell, he mentioned it being "Stage 4 R1 by Jabbasport"... Which i checked on the jabba sport web site and as you said has to be one or the other.

Below is a image of the actual charger.

http://i11.ebayimg.com/05/i/06/b0/e8/01_1_b.JPG

http://i24.ebayimg.com/04/i/06/b3/d3/56_1_b.JPG

The only way to tell would be to crack the unit open. There have been some problems with Jabba rebuilds in the past, you would be best to get G-Werks to give it a once over really. You will need to find out when the charger was rebuilt as they need to be done every 20 - 40K ideally.

Depending wher you are theres more than likely someone from the forum who could look at it for you.

EDIT - or as suggested by dave_g60 ring up jabba, you should have a certificate of something with the charger with a serial number, or they may be able to tell you from the registration

Was surprised to come across this post since I brought my Corrado off Young Lad and guess what he never mentioned the oil pressure problem! :mad:

especially pissed since I gave him £3000 for it! Since I picked it up its done the oil everywhere trick three times, I would not have minded if he had told me but he knew I had got the train up to London and was driving it back to Southampton!

As it turns out the relief valve on the oil pump was jammed have changed it now so fingers crossed its fixed! But here is short little list of things I have had to fix since buying my dream car.

1. Drivers side door mechanism

2. Fan speed only working on 4

3. Sunroof mechanism broke and jammed open on the way home (it did work when I checked before buying)

4. Crank bolt came undone which chewed the pulley and the shaft (had the car for three weeks at this point)

5. Parts missing from the Drivers side CV joint

6. Front tires bald on the inside (looked ok on the outer edge)

7. both front anti roll bar drop links rusted through

8. drivers side track control arm more rust than metal

9. Front bumper fell off on way home, turns out it was held on with tie wraps

10. Bonnet release cable broke (the same day the crank pulley went) + bolt head snapped off the adjuster

11. Dodgy ignition switch

Lesson learned if your buying a new car for gods sake give it a really good look over first :oops: oh yea and cheers Young Lad

Dan

I feel very sad after reading this post, and cannot believe someone would floor a car 10 seconds from starting

I feel very sad after reading DanVWs post :cry:

I know how it feels when things go wrong one after the other after the other etc etc but to have just bought the bloody thing.

It wasn't friday the 13th or did the trip read 666 or something :wink:

Nope but drove it home from work tonight pulled up outside my house and the crank pulley let go (again) guess its time for a new/second hand crank shaft this time! :roll: either way its back off the road again and the thing I am most pissed about is that it means I am going to miss the G-works open day next sunday :censored: never mind I have not come this far to be beaten now!

Dan