Sign in to follow this  
vwcorrado

50mm euro inlet manifold

hey all, not been in for a while, hope your all good, quick question for you rado boffs, can anyone tell me the part number for a 50mm inlet manifold, just i bought one the other day and it looks the same as the one on my car now,

any help would be good, :?: :oops:

sorry to jump on here but i bought a polished 50mm inlet manifold ages ago an was gonna get it fitted this week but upon looking at it compared to mine which should be a 50mm one as it has the indents in it to clear the spark plugs and its a 93 16v the one i was gonna fit is bigger still could this be a 53mm one if so im buggered cos i only bought the top half thinkin it would go straight on

na sorry fella dont have a clue an i was hopin that me new manifold was 50mm was only puttin it on cos it looks nicer than the standard one but now looks like it wont fit does anyone know what it will have come of as it has 14/11/89 stamped on it so cant have been a 2.0 16v

2.0ltr 16v came standard with a 42mm manifold. the 50 mm one is from a 89 golf 16v i think.

ive just recently swopped mine to a 50mm from the standard 42mm.

cheers flusted, plenty of info in that, i really did not want to loose any of my lower end umph, so i think i might just stick to my 42mm, what about a fse boost valve?? any good?? cheers

wont fit your engine! best bet is a rolling road set up to get the most out of your mods

Stealth racing can get about 10bhp just from a tune up

southam in banbury ner oxford,they are excellent with 16vs

My 1.8 made 162bhp after they tuned it up!

nice one, il look into that, how much does a tune-up cost, roughly-ish, sorry to go on, i just need to get that little bit more out my c, you know what i mean

Usually about an hour on the RR which is about £50 if you car is running fine - make sure plugs and leads are good and filters are new...

ok cheers, just looked into how far it is 140miles, is there nothing like that on the south-coast?? but still be worth doing to get that little xtra, thanks for all your wisdom.

Having owned two 16v's; one with a 50mm manifold and one with the standard 42mm, there is no way I'll be "upgrading" my current 42mm one to 50mm......makes the car really gutless at low revs, and that is already where the 16v's are lacking imho :| :oops:

I drove 120miles and had to pay £50 to cross the water from the isle of wight and it was still definatly worth it!

yes dec, from what i have heard i think i will now be sticking to my old trusty 42mm, ah well i think i will take the trip on up there and get it toooned, cheers all, steve