Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

ABS light doesnt come on

Not my week really. Ive tried searching .

Ive changed suspension all round and added g60 carriers to my rado 2.0 16v.

now i have no ABS light and braking is heavy as if servo isnt working.

could this be related to my bad running of the engine?

i think i felt the braje pedal clunk when i started the engine#

i did disconnect the one abs sensor on the front passenger side, so not sure if this is the prob

thanks

ok braking was heavy due to the new brakes beding in. ABS works as i tested it the other day. and engine now works fine finally!

but the abs light still doesnt come on. what can cause this? fuse maybe? do the bulbs ever go?

Ok I'm gonna piggy back this thread as I seem to have ABS light problems too.... Please bear with me as I'm a total novice.

My ABS light comes on intermittently, usually when I'm not braking. Should it be on all the time, off all the time or only on when something's wrong with the brakes??? :help:

its should only come on when starting the car (then it goes off after a few seconds). It will come on it there is a problem and likly stay on. if yours is coming and going i would suggest you first clean the sensors. can be done by taking off the disks and using a soft wire brush or maybe with carb cleaner or the like from behind the wheel.

Cheers guys my prob was a simple as a blown bulb. So ive put in a blue led for now. looks kinda cool.

Anybody need an early ABS light, with blue LED :)? Ill be changing mine to late version soon so old one will no longer be needed

Hi Purgatori, where abouts in Cardiff are you? And welcome

Hey :)

I actually live in Penarth, but as most people don't know where that is I usually say Cardiff... Plus I spend alot of time in Cardiff with mates etc etc... ;)