Sign in to follow this  
sudse

chips

im thinking of buying a chip for my G60 can any one tell me how to fit it and what else i need to get the most out of it,cheers :idea:

I'm running a 68mm pulley and chip from Jabbasport. I'm well pleased with it, but am going to swap it for an SNS item when I get the engine rebuilt.

I think it works out about £230 for the chip, pulley and belt tensioner cap.

It's not that hard to fit either, just pop open the ecu, the old chip pulls out and the new chip pops in :D

Getting the getting the old pulley off can be tricky though if it's stuck.

And finaly you just cut the head off the old belt tensioner and slide the new cap on.

There you go around 25-30% increase. I was well shocked when I first booted mine :D

Someone has got to spot a mistake in what I've wrote, I usually get told off for something, like the time I said I was running 2bar of boost :lol: :oops: :lol:

im thinking of buying a chip for my G60 can any one tell me how to fit it and what else i need to get the most out of it,cheers :idea:

whoever is selling you the chip should be able to advise,unless of course it is 2nd-hand which can be lead to a potential minefield of problems,such as in-correct fueling/unsuitable maps etc,best people to ask regarding this are 8vG60(darren from G-Werks) or Bilal (who supplies SNS chips)

Hi mate

Yep, i supply the SNS chips to the UK and Europe. You'll need a 3.5bar FPR, 68mm pulley and shorter belt for the pulley to keep the correct tension. Or ou can go for a smaller pulley and bigger injectors but leave that for now.

All the above i can supply with the chip. You can fit it yourself details can be found on the US SNS site http://www.snstuning.com or i'll do it for ya if you come down (or up) to me :D

Hope that helps!