Sign in to follow this  
mirroredone

Brembo Brakes

Can anyone help?

I've got a 'rado 1.8 16v, and am looking at getting brembo brakes, would i need to get the full GT junior Kit (discs, pads, calipers, and new hoses) or can i just use the sport line kit (Discs and pad) and use the standard calipers. would i need to get both front and rear, or can i run standard ones on the rear.

can anyone recommend anyother barkes?

cheers

If you want Brembo CLaipers, best to get the Seat Ibiza Cupra R setup straight from Seat and then hoses from Bill Badger http://www.badger5.co.uk

IIRC they've gone up to silly money now though for the kit about £700 unless someone wants to correct me, but thats claipers, carriers, disks and pads. I paid £400 for them when I got mine - but they've cottoned on!

on a valver you could just go for g60 brakes as they are 280mm as opposed to your 256 mm, but yeah sam is right they have gone up since most of us got ours!

If ur gna upgrade your brakes, ur best bet is def to go for a G60 brake upgrage. As for the brembos, the whole set up will prob cost the value of the car lol.

Ive got brembo cross drilled discs(256mm) on the front and pagid pads all round. I kept stds on the back, but they look turd, shoulda gone all round.

They've done me a good service thus far, but i regret having not g60'd them TBH.

cheers, i think i might have to look in to the G60's, the thing is though looking on some sites, it not the much more expensive to go for the brembo max discs, instead of the G60 vented discs,

For the G60 brake conversion, do you need G60 calipers or will the 16v ones fit? I take it you'll need different mounting brackets for them to increase the diameter... Then it's just the 280mm disks & new pads...

you need the carriers mainly, 16v callipers will fit on to g60 carriers if you want but you have to shorten the sliders by 2mm (on the hex side).

G60's are your best bet, they are well up to the job /of any 16v and will not give you the same lock up issues that the Ibiza Cupra R ones are famous for