Sign in to follow this  
spoier

turbo volvo oil cooler swap

This is a great, cheap mod - the entire oil cooling system from any Volvo turbo swaps right into the Corrado G60, getting rid of the stupid factory oil/water heat exchanger.

The only problem is the threaded pipe that holds the stock oil cooler in place needs to be shortened slightly and threaded further to get the volvo sandwich plate on.

Has anyone done this swap, how did you secure it? Is there a pipe stud that can be used from another car?

I have the possibility of getting a short run of properly sized threaded pipes made up at a machinist, would anyone be interested in buying these?

Skye

Why dont you just get the ones out of a golf gti??? some off them didnt come with the oil cooler plate so it would be a straight swope

Good suggestion!! Like this? No oil cooler I see... I wonder if it would be too short. I'll order one and find out. Just got my ETKA CD today :D

golf_oil_cooler.jpg

Skye

the ones with no cooler have same length rod.

i had to replace my filter housing and used one off my old 1.8 ex engine which is a carb engine. it uses no cooler just filter to housing.

although looks like etka states different.

This is a great, cheap mod - the entire oil cooling system from any Volvo turbo swaps right into the Corrado G60, getting rid of the stupid factory oil/water heat exchanger. Skye

Two questions.

1. Would you mind logging, photographing the process? I think most of us would want to see how it compares to the ND, Dieselgeek and Mocal upgrades in practice.

2. Do you know anybody who's done this on a VR6?

spoier thats correct

as for the leght the should be right as the oil plate to feed the cooler should have a rod that screws onto the engine one and then you put the oilfilter onto that

I bought my kit from burton power (i know ford place) and it cost me £80 for the sandwhich plate black hoses 13 row oil cooler and all the clips etc.

I then opted for a "performance oil filter" it doesnt add performance but it does filter alot better than vw own ones as this was also a smaller unit so i was able to keep the water/oilcooler there so it helps the oil warm up quicker during the winter times and i still saw a massive drop in oil temps , ive even had it sometimes at 88c on the motorway :D

just my 2p worth