Sign in to follow this  
Bees

Insurance Quote - Dont navigate

Got an Insurance quote from Admiral online and after filling out all the usual stuff they ask, it calculated a quote of £688 fully comp - good price so i wrote it down.

Thought I would check how much TPFT is so i changed the drop down box from Fullycomp to TPFT and was around £600 - ok

Then selected back to fullycomp and my quote of £688 had gone up to £708 and there no way i can get my £688 back!!! even using back button going back to click 'Get Quote' or anything...... Didnt wanna try it again as it might just bang another £20 on!

So just a bit of trial to see how much my other option was has cost me £20!! :(

I couldnt believe it - and it is right as I first got a quote from Elephant (Admiral backed) and I thought the same thing happened there but didnt write the quote down so had no complete proof but the Admiral quote one def did go up as i made sure i noted the first price on the screen - try it if you dont believe me!

On the plus side - Admiral, Elephant and Belldirect are by far the cheapest for me.

Ill learn........ the £20 way :oops:

Tried HIC?

I rang them (old fashioned i know!) but they can do me fully comp for around £450!

And you get track day cover, agreed valuation, salvage retention etc!

Bees, When you change to TP then back to FC it alters your volountary excess (down to £0 I think), if you put it back up your quote will return to what it was originally.

Got an Insurance quote from Admiral online and after filling out all the usual stuff they ask, it calculated a quote of £688 fully comp - good price so i wrote it down.

Thought I would check how much TPFT is so i changed the drop down box from Fullycomp to TPFT and was around £600 - ok

Then selected back to fullycomp and my quote of £688 had gone up to £708 and there no way i can get my £688 back!!! even using back button going back to click 'Get Quote' or anything...... Didnt wanna try it again as it might just bang another £20 on!

So just a bit of trial to see how much my other option was has cost me £20!! :(

I couldnt believe it - and it is right as I first got a quote from Elephant (Admiral backed) and I thought the same thing happened there but didnt write the quote down so had no complete proof but the Admiral quote one def did go up as i made sure i noted the first price on the screen - try it if you dont believe me!

On the plus side - Admiral, Elephant and Belldirect are by far the cheapest for me.

Ill learn........ the £20 way :oops:

the same thing happen to me, so i called them and demanded to pay the first quote, in the end they agreed to it. So try doing that..

triggermyson - I did try that but still no joy - they just after my clicking money :)

biggerbigben - Gonna try that myself as it is due in a few days - lets hope they say the same to me - glad to hear i not going daft too - :lol:

edit the quote, and when it asks for your lowest quote so far, type in something stupid like £100. That worked when I did it ;)

I can also recommend Brentacre ;)