Sign in to follow this  
Valver

Bling-bling.....my new rims!!

Sold my 9x16 Brocks to a Golf Rallye owner, and finally stuck my Porsche Design 90s on......

phat_20.JPG

Whadya reckon?......

The car seems to pull so much better due to the light weight of the Porsche alloys, I was really surprised....didn't think it'd be that noticeable?!?! :?:

...Oh, and I've already been called a 'pimp' at work!!! :oops: 8)

so ya wont be wanting my borbet's then now then ? :cheers: i can keep them now.. :lol:

LOL! got some of those as well mate, they'll be my winter rims!! :shock: :wink:

My golf is standard 4stud so I'm running the H&R adapters which convert from 4x100 to 5x130pcd. The adapters are 25mm thick so lower the offset by this amount but the Porsche whels are ET52 standard, so with adapters they're ET27.

The only Mk2 Golfs you'll see with 5 stud will be the ones that have had a VR6 conversion and the owner has decied to keep the 5 stud running gear, but even then they're 5x100pcd.

HTH

I am confused why you choose the design 90's

Porsche made 2 similar looking rims in the late 80's and early 90's.

The design 90's like you have, I have them too on my s2 (cast)

They also made forged versions for the turboS 944 turbo's.

I'vw always like the Design90s, esp when 8" all round as they have the 1"lip - also they polish up very well!!

The forged version (Silver Rose edition 944) were only 7" and 9" I think and are v difficult to get hold of....a mate has a set of 9's on his Mk2 Golf!!.... :shock:

My golf is standard 4stud so I'm running the H&R adapters which convert from 4x100 to 5x130pcd. The adapters are 25mm thick so lower the offset by this amount but the Porsche whels are ET52 standard, so with adapters they're ET27.

The only Mk2 Golfs you'll see with 5 stud will be the ones that have had a VR6 conversion and the owner has decied to keep the 5 stud running gear, but even then they're 5x100pcd.

HTH

cheers for the reply.. :wink: