Sign in to follow this  
PhillT

Bootlid widths

Guys,

I'm convinced the early rado's are wider than the later models.

I have a VERY early 92 (basically 91) G60.. and the bootlids been replaced with one from what I believe is a later model and it's actually thinner than the body (the bottom corners of the boot do not line up to the rear quarters)

to prove my theory, would some of you with early and late models measure from corner to corner of the bootlid and measure the distance from just above the rear lights (if that makes sense?)?

If I'm wrong and there's no difference in bootlid widths... means the repairs made by a previous owner (one of many.. it's been written off twice and has had 4 Reg. no's!!!!) have done some strange things to the back end :(

The boot lids are all the same,I've fitted valvers to VR6's and visa a versa with no problems,as khurrado said,its probably been rear ended and repaired poorly,look inside the boot behind carpets for repair signs.

:cry: thought that might be the case

it has had a rear end shunt, the back panels been replaced but looks like a good job, the boodlid's also new

might see if my bodywork mate can maybe pull the corners of the boot out to fit level as it'll stand out a mile after the respray

still can't work out how, even with a new panel in, why everything lines up apart from the bootlid edges at the bottom

if the rear quarters were pushed out by an inch (total difference for both sides) wouldn't there be more areas that don't line up?

think I'm just going to get the bootlid 'flared' out a little to line up properly because it's going to annoy me if I don't

hope so

it's been replaced and was originally yellow.. I know there's quiet a few differences between early and late corrado's so was hoping one of them was width of the rear end

I'll get some measurements over the weekend if someone wouldn't mind doing the same?

across the lights and numberplate 105cm

if you open the boot and measure the widest part 135cm

HTH

8) measured the boot on my lunchbreak

134cm wide on the widest part

still 105cm along the rear lights and number plate

so there's definately a 1cm difference in width!

TBH 1cm couldve just been in variance from our measuring, take some pics of the lines where the bootlid meets the body, thatll be a lot easier

ben

shhhhh.. it's a different size :lol:

not the best picture but heres one I've already uploaded

Image028.jpg

you can see the drivers side difference (can't see passenger side due to camers angle but it's the same)

I'll get some better ones if needed

phill,is that an integral brake light? think that means the tailgate is from an american spec car,maybe diffarent?

how does everything else line up?

spoiler line up with tailgate edges?

tail lights line up? i cant imagine the rear wings have been pushed out though?

neil.

nope, just a funny reflection making it look like a brake light

here's the side profile

Image020.jpg

best pic I have with the spolier down

Image044.jpg

spoiler lines up fine as far as I can tell, tail lights are ever so slightly out of alignment on the passenger side (slightly lower by a mm or 2) but that's it

I would have thought if the rear had been hit that hard that the rear quarters have popped out, then the boot floor or roof would be buckled, and/or the inside of the rear quarters would have signs of bending