Sign in to follow this  
Majik

Ba**ards done more damage than i thought.

I have been getting intermittent starting problems with my car and blamed it on the infamous ignition switch untill i went to change it and right before my eyes i saw the actual aluminium column was broken.

What i wanna know is: would it still be the ignition switch which is faulty or would the column be causing the starting problems i can start the car by holding the key up at an angle or wiggling it.

And secondly can the steering column be used from a later corrado as they had a different cowling and i've heard these used sheer bolts are they easy to remove?

thanks in advance.

Majik

You should be able to buy a new ignition barrel/bearing housing or pinch one from a scrapper corrado. Not sure about interchangability of later and older Cs but yes shear bolts generally feature. They need drilling out or a groove cutting into it with a dremel for removal with an Impact srewdriver.

Kev

:shock: it did look bad when I saw it, but I surpose you don't no till you pull it apart the extent of the damage, good luck matey, and see you soon :D

p.s love the interior... :D