Sign in to follow this  
VR6 Russ

Koni's and Ventura (update) PLS HELP!

Just took my VR into a garaged to be lowered on the koni sport kit and the mechanic tells me they have sent me 4 rear springs. :mad:

So my car is now jacked up ready to be lowered and i am in need of some springs.

He is able to get some ventura springs with my koni shocks, but is this a good idea, has anyone got any feedback with this set up??

I was thinking of getting some H&R springs but are too expensive and will take too long for delivery.

What do I do.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

From memory I think the ventura springs are pretty hard! as thay are not progressively wound.

You could try PI springs. They're cheap and normally readily available and pretty good by all accounts.

Not sure what the Venturas are like but the Voglands that came with the SSK kits originally were pretty naff. They were effectively free!

Avoid eibach, too hard.

Other than the PIs, can only really recommend the H&Rs but they sound like they're a no go.

had ventura's on my 16v - avoid! they're horrible! I ran mine with bilstien shocks and they had a nasty tendancy to bounce over bumps in an alarming way. Bilstien shocks are usually ok from what I hear so I put it down to the springs.

*UPDATE*

Got my car back last night, looks nice and low now (couldn't stand the 4x4 ride height), and imo handles very nice. The ride is very firm compared to before, but a lot of the understeer has dissappeared.

What i'm thinking is using these for a while and when my funds improve changing them for H&R. At least the important bit is done with the shocks.