Sign in to follow this  
jam3383

aaaaahhhhhh my charger just blew up!!!

Thanks for the help guys, you have all been great.

Thats gona be alot of pints i owe you lot on here.

hopefully i'll have the one from gwerks, there gona let me know by the end of the week.

If not the guy on edition38 wants 550 includes p&p. If that also fails i'll let you know RMN.

Thanks again lads.

If not I'VE got a spare charger for you,just removed it from my 2.0 g60 valver engine,if you don't find 1 let me know and i'll send you photos.

If not I'VE got a spare charger for you,just removed it from my 2.0 g60 valver engine,if you don't find 1 let me know and i'll send you photos.

Thanks mate for leting me know mate.

How much you lookung for it?

:cry: those pics look painful!

one of the main reason's I'm continuing with the IHI turbo conversion, just know that would happen to me

G-werks sound like the ultimate company to go to to get work done 8) Heard nothing but them going the extra mile to get people sorted out :thumbleft:

jam id go with the g werks one, at least you will have some kind of come back, and theyre a trustworthy bunch...a second hand one might be another jabba rebuild

Alright mate,

bit of a horror show that one :shock: Mine blew up just the same about a year ago and I was in an equal pickle with money. I was in a blind panic for a couple of days and even had a colleague offer to steal and burn the car :lol:

I brought mine from ebay from a german company called L & S cartec. It was 670 quid for a reconditioned one, with all the seals etc changed just as you would get from Jabba etc. Not a bad price I thought as a secondhand one would be 350 quid plus another 350 for the rebuild, so this is a little cheaper and all in one shot.

Removing the dead one is not too bad, easier if you have a smaller pulley. I got stuck cause the pulley jammed....but Im an idiot with spanners.... :oops:

Hope you get it sorted!

young lad,

Those are the people that sold my charger, Im pretty happy with it. The guy threw in a load of extras such as pulley, chip etc pretty cheaply as well.

I was thinking of getting one from the l & s carte team as ive orderded a rsr outlet from them before and it arrived in 4 days.

Just waiting to hear from g werks before i go and get one as they seem to have the best reputation.

Still it's nice to have more options just incase all fails.

Thanks for the help lads.

Managed to remove the charger on sat, basicly removed the front end.

The front bumper was a bastid to remove but got thee in the end.

Thinking of replacing the intcooler with something else.

Spoke to darren at gwerks and he says the best option is a golf g60 cooler as its straight forward to fit.

Just wondering has anyone else fitted something different?

is there another budget option?

Here's some pics of the car in bits. :cry: :cry:

Looks painful. Good luck with the re-fit.

Just been and had a look at my S/C. I notice that there are some numbers scribed on it near to where the boost return pipe is connected.

Is this normal i.e. a serial number or does it give me a clue to when it was last rebuilt???

lots of chargers have these markings form the factory,, to us they mean nothing at all,, if it is the faint scribings on the top i am thinking about,,

some rebuilders will also scribble all over your charger on every piece,

if its actually scratched into the metalwork of the charger then it COULD be the serial number of the rebuilt charger, Jabba do it to theirs, but they also put a sticker onto the charger too.

Hi all,

Got my new charger from darren at gwerks.

Had it next day after paying, what can i say the guys a genius. :D :D

Lookin forward to havin it fitted but need to fit a intercooler first.

Also bought a intercooler for a golf g60 on ebay cost 165 quid but just found out it might not fit. :cry: :cry:

Could anyone advise me on how to fit the one in the pic below? :?:

Ive got loads of samco hose and alloy pipe so makin some pipe up is no problem.

Does anyone think this one would fit?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Large-Intercooler-suitable-for-Golf-Seat-Audi_W0QQitemZ8067049798QQcategoryZ72205QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Or should i just send the golf one back? :?:

If not has anyone got a golf intecooler that will fit for sale?

any help would be great.

That pic of an intercooler's the one off an air-conditioned Golf G60... it sits over the gearbox and isn't actually any better than the standard Corrado one in that location.... :(

The ebay one would be an utter git to fit and to pipe up as it's got the feed and outlet of the intercooler on the same end... you really want one where the feed is on one end and the outlet is on the other

The one to fit is one from a non-air-con car which fits along the whole front of the car in front of the radiator.... I've got one on my G60 and it makes one hell of a difference... 8)

That pic of an intercooler's the one off an air-conditioned Golf G60... it sits over the gearbox and isn't actually any better than the standard Corrado one in that location.... :(

The ebay one would be an utter git to fit and to pipe up as it's got the feed and outlet of the intercooler on the same end... you really want one where the feed is on one end and the outlet is on the other

The one to fit is one from a non-air-con car which fits along the whole front of the car in front of the radiator.... I've got one on my G60 and it makes one hell of a difference... 8)

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Only thought of using the ebay one as the Pro alloy one is a direct fit for the corrado and the outlets are on the same side.

http://www.proalloy.co.uk/cgi-bin/sitewise.pl?act=det&pt=52_62_143&p=658&id=proalloy

I have plenty of alu bends and samco hose so pipe's aren't a problem, so wot do you think i should do?

Been trying to get hold of a original golf cooler but there so bl**dy hard to get hold of.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Only thought of using the ebay one as the Pro alloy one is a direct fit for the corrado and the outlets are on the same side.

http://www.proalloy.co.uk/cgi-bin/sitewise.pl?act=det&pt=52_62_143&p=658&id=proalloy

I have plenty of alu bends and samco hose so pipe's aren't a problem, so wot do you think i should do?

Been trying to get hold of a original golf cooler but there so bl**dy hard to get hold of.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

i have one of these and its an excellent piece of kit,, see my how to guide here,,,

bought mine direct from pro alloy,, and was very impressed, only thing i dont advise is fitting with teh quickmounts they provide as they will cut through your radiator in no time,,

hope this makes interesting reading for you,,

http://swdubs.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php ... ght=#14483

http://www.swdubs.co.uk/fmic1.htm