Sign in to follow this  
skinnyman9000

First post, as im after a Corrado

Hello people. I've got £1500-£2000 to spend on a Corrado, as i want something a little different from the VW range, as ive owned a mk2 golf and a mk2 polo saloon before. Im looking at either the 1.8 16V or the 2.0 16V model. Can anyone tell me what the benefits are of choosing the later 2.0 over the earlier 1.8? It would seem that all the electrical goodies are the same and the older 1.8 is faster.

So any information would be greatly appreciated.

Ta

Hiya...

their aint a huge amount of difference between them, the 2ltr is torquier, younger and is usually with the late body/interior which most people prefer.... I believe the 2ltr is easier to tune, whack in the KR cam for more power, although a 1.8 owner will prob come tell me thats wrong...

and now for the shameless plug - Its poss out of your budget by my 2ltr is for sale - have a look at this.... :)

http://the-corrado.net/.archive/forum/viewtopic.php?t=41191

Scarlett - Thats a very nice Corrado, i spotted it for sale on E38. Although £2000 is the upper limit of my budget, and i've just found out that my insurance company wants to take an extra £380 off me to cover my insurance until August, so im looking at around £1700 now as my budget.

skinny - xbones shows the guide. Also read the rest of the Wiki for info on the 2.0L versus the 1.8, and yup scarlet gave the answer you asked in one line.

If your insruance went up £300 for the remaining 3 to 4 months, then can you afford the renewal next year, which will be higher still; although you'll hit the magic 21 by then I guess???

My insurance is around £1000 next year, already got a quote for that, and that'll be paid monthly, courtesy of my £200 a month payrise, then the year after that i'll be 21 (in april) so it'll be time for some classic insurance.