Sign in to follow this  
junkie

Original rev gauge

Cheers Henny thats really helpful.

So i thought a had a early set been a 91 H but appears not the case as i have the two LCD's.

Certainly sounds alot easier and probably a whole lot more reliable to get them reprogrammed. Will have to investigate some more now, cheers henny thought i had come to a conclusion over it all.

All G60s had the digital odometer. A '91 'H' should have the earlier of the two G60 clock internals. That makes it easier for you.

I'd like to get a set of each clock type because I really can't see this being a big deal.

hows about late 2.0 16v clocks ian/henny?

sorry,may have missed something earlier in the thread...

All G60s had the digital odometer. A '91 'H' should have the earlier of the two G60 clock internals. That makes it easier for you.

I'd like to get a set of each clock type because I really can't see this being a big deal.

Well thats what i thought as it should be just before the change over date.

The early G60 clocks and the early valvers should be the same and as you say should be no big deal.

bcstudent, nope, not all G60s had the double LCD ones... the very first ones had the mechanical odometer, as did the early LHD ones... They're rare in RHD, but they do exist.

Riley, Late 16V clocks don't have the redline to 8K as bcstudent says... 8)

bcstudent, nope, not all G60s had the double LCD ones... the very first ones had the mechanical odometer, as did the early LHD ones... They're rare in RHD, but they do exist.

Oh, ok. Hands up who's got an original G60 with a mechanical odometer clock-set.

are these the type of clocks needed then guys? 2x lcd displays,and sat in an 1800cc valver?

neil.

So we saying then in some valvers they have the 2 lcd's and its out of one of thosr that i need the rev gauge.

As i already understand it this is the case and should swap over relatively easy.

ooh, I've never come across a 1.8 valver with 2 LCDs... :crazyeyes:

Wonder if that's original?!? :|

just to continue.. i`ve got an old 1.8 16v set of gauges here with the analogue display and its got different fittings on the back than my 2 lcd one

mine has 1 rectangular black socket and a vacuum pipe

older one has white rectangular socket, 1 vacuum pipe and another round - what looks like mechanical fixing on the back

what looks like mechanical fixing on the back

That'll be the speedo drive then?

yeah its in the midddle behind the speedo so your right was just pointing it out

So basically then i can fit an 8K rev gauge from the apparently rare 2 lcd 16V clocks.

Happy hunting for me then?

So even if the rev gauge is the same in both sets of clocks if i just swapped over the whole unit as pictured above with the 2 lcd screens but 8 k will all work as normal.

As described above with the connections are they the same as what would be on mine been a G60?

So even if the rev gauge is the same in both sets of clocks if i just swapped over the whole unit as pictured above with the 2 lcd screens but 8 k will all work as normal.

As described above with the connections are they the same as what would be on mine been a G60?

It's getting a bit late to be thinking too hard, but I'd say 'yes, the rev counter should work'. Isn't there a difference between the 16v and G60 vacuum sender on the back of the clocks though? Your MFA may not work properly if you swap the clocks complete.

you'd have to open up the cluster and swap over just the rev counter, although it still may just be the firmware in the cluster that allows for the 8K redline, the mechanism may use the same electronics and coils to make it work... :|