Sign in to follow this  
craigowl

"Silicon coolant hoses increase power" - Insurance

We are getting some quotes for the C this month.

The car is down as owned by the missus. We were with Esure last year - about £220 fully comp. Mileage limited to 2000 miles.

Diamond insurance for woman (part of Admiral, I believe) gave us what seemed at first glance the best quote, but the small print says we will not have no claims bonus protection. Cute trick.

What is even more of a turnoff is that they are regarding the Samco coolant hoses I had fitted to replace the 10-year old original VW hoses as a performance enhancer and asked for our garage's phone number so that they can find out why we had them fitted. To$$ers.

Needless to say, we told them we will be going elsewhere.

Should we just not mention the hoses as modifications?

I got the Samcos and Goodridge because I like durability, not to gain extra bhp. We are both 60 years old for god's sake!

Comments, guys?

go elsewhere, these are the sort of people who wouldn't pay out in the event of a claim because you've changed the valve caps, or ran it in optimax or something.

I had some stupid company like this, and they wanted an engineers report for changing from a 2.8 vr6 to a 2.9. they classed it as an engine conversion....idiots

Yep.

Bloody ridiculous insurance in this country sometimes!

PhatVR6 said

or ran it in optimax or something

Exactly what I said to 'er indoors.

I have sent them (Diamond) an email telling them I was not aware that the laws of physics had changed - could they please explain how, by changing to a set of silicon rubber hoses from the original 10-year old jobs you can get significantly more bhp, such that your insurance premium can go up.

Idiots - some insurance companies always get up my nose because of stoopidity like the above.

Last year i moved from a busy road where cars got damaged on a regular basis from dodgy 3 point turns and drunken twats kicking off your wing mirrors for a laugh - to a place in a quiet village with my own driveway (3 miles up the road).

Admiral (should have known better then trusting a one eyed crook with a friggin parrot on his shoulder) wanted an extra 30 quid! One had no choice but to tell them where to go.

One had no choice but to tell them where to go.

lol yeah - tell the Admiral to walk the plank!! ;)