Sign in to follow this  
stooby doo

Modding a storm

Well, should it be done or not ??

I have a storm with 68K on the clock that is bog standard apart from a BMC CDA (which can be put back to standard).

The rear suspension needs replacing as well as the bushes and I have managed to get hold of a full set of FK Silverline X Coilovers for a bargain.

I've also recently got some 288mm brakes, powerflex bushes and a mocal oil cooler.

I'm now having second thoughts on fitting these.

Is it sacrilege to mod a storm and it likely to have a massively adverse effect on price when the time comes to sell the car ????

all the mods you have mentioned are reversible and will help the car last longer, so it shouldnt be an issue, its not like your rolling the arches or bolting on a body kit.

its only a couple of badges at the end of the day and shouldnt mean its treated any differently to a "normal" model.

As said already, bolt on mods can simply be unbolted when it's time to sell and good, tried and tested mods always sell quickly on here ;-)

If I had a mint Storm and wanted to mod it, I'd just take the badges off and the Golf Highline wheels and make it look like a normal VR before starting anyway!

tbh unless you're going to go down the route A20LEE and the rest of the modded show-boys stuff like suspension,engine mods and even wheels should only improve it IMHO