Sign in to follow this  
CazzaVR

Stalling

Ah, that explains it. The valve itself is underneath the cable tidy. I checked all the hoses around there and they (including "el solido") look fine. I'm beginning to wonder if the (subtle) hole in the middle exhaust box is making the engine run a bit lumpy. It seems unlikely to me, but ...

It could also be that it just hasn't had a good run for a few weeks, and I need to reset the ECU or something, but...

I wish my engine bay was as clean and tidy as yours... :( Thanks to the top hose, the whole engine is covered in fine rusty residues.

What is the purpose of the purge tank? Why does it always hiss violently?

So many questions, god aren't I nosy!!

Ah, that explains it. The valve itself is underneath the cable tidy. I checked all the hoses around there and they (including "el solido") look fine. I'm beginning to wonder if the (subtle) hole in the middle exhaust box is making the engine run a bit lumpy. It seems unlikely to me, but ...

It could also be that it just hasn't had a good run for a few weeks, and I need to reset the ECU or something, but...

I wish my engine bay was as clean and tidy as yours... :( Thanks to the top hose, the whole engine is covered in fine rusty residues.

What is the purpose of the purge tank? Why does it always hiss violently?

So many questions, god aren't I nosy!!

Not nosey my friend, just inquisitive! I like to know the workings of the motor in case things go wrong, such as the puddle of coolant under my car this morning for example. Why does the Corrado always reward my time and effort with another problem? Ungrateful bast!

The engine is clean and tidy because the previous owner looked after it and left it completely standard. The airbox has one of those rare paper filters in it too!

I'm not really sure why there is a purge tank, I should imagine there is sudden turbulence rush as the valve opens and the purge tank softens the blow, perhaps? Again I don't know what the hissing is all about. I'll put all these questions to Vince when I got to Stealth on Thursday :lol:

Kev

You should take it to a garage. Even if they don't actually *do* anything to it, all Corrados respond well to being looked at by a mechanic. Mine always purrs sweetly and drives like a dream on the way to/from the garage. It's only a week or two later it starts to feel like it's back to it's old self...

;) ;)

Ah, no, I took the FORD part number with me, courtesy of the mailing list folks. (I forget who dug the original numbers out.)

I can understand your confusion, however, I wasn't very clear... :)

Do you still have the Ford part number? Just noticed my valve is hanging off and I need to replace it soon as pos. :shock:

***Found It***

My original C. VR6 part number was 021 129 101a mho (described as

pressure regulator. discon 1996, on ETKA)

The ford part itself is stamped 7mo 128 101 mho

The Ford part number is 7364573